7+ month foods - why?

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
I've noticed most stuff in shops either says it's suitable for 4+ months or 7+ months. Why doesn't it say 6 months? Is Ilana going to be damaged if I give her a rice cake at 6 months instead of 7? Or some Spelt fingers?

Is it because it's recommended to start weaning at 4 months and if they put 6 months on the label people would try to feed them to their baby too soon? ?

I think 4 months is stage 1 and 7 months is stage 2

Ahh... so it's to do with texture then? Or am I being thick?

its to do with the texture.....stage 2 or 7+ months has a couple of lumps in to encourage chewing...stage 1 is completly smooth.

i dont personally think their is much difference, my Chloe has been on stage 1 for just over 2 months....i occasionally (twice so far) give her 7+ months baby cereal as it is still very soft and she really enjoyed it!

hope this helps xxx

alfie started with rice cakes and biscotti think its just a texture thing
x

Like other girls here said its the texture of the food. 7+ has lumps in it and is stronger flavor I think.

As we're BLW I give him anything. I have loads of 7month+ and 12month+ stuff for snacking on and adding something interesting for him but I did wonder about this. Like, does it have more salt or something in it kind of thing. One of the things was muesli!?

Same as Kitten, we're doing BLW so have loads of stuff that's 7+, 9+ and 12+ and we've been giving it since 6 months. Nothing wrong with the ingredients and she was having finger foods because of how we're weaning so didn't see a problem :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->