7 month growth spurt?

Reaction score
Is there a 7 month growth spurt?

My sleeping-through-the-night baby has started waking at 11, 3 and 6 for feeds! When usually she will go from 6.30pm - 7.30am without a feed! What is going on?!

Is there a 7 month growth spurt?

My sleeping-through-the-night baby has started waking at 11, 3 and 6 for feeds! When usually she will go from 6.30pm - 7.30am without a feed! What is going on?!

I couldn't find any mention of a 7 month growth spurt - but we had the exact same over the last three weeks or so.

Thomas wasn't sleeping through but he would go from 7 p.m. through to 5ish before waking for a feed and then back to sleep until 6.30ish. Over the past 3 or 4 weeks he went back to waking up multiple times a night, I was initially trying not to feed him more than once but ended up feeding him twice a night. Anyway for the past two nights he has been back to normal and just generally seems more settled in himself, so fingers crossed it was just another growth spurt and we are out the other side of it now.

We had about 3 weeks of disturbed sleep altogether (assuming that things do go back to normal now - hope I'm not jinxing myself!) but there was a few other issues going on too that were affecting his sleep (he had his vaccinations, then the very hot weather started, then he got a cough, and then I think we hit the growth spurt).

Emma started doing the same around 7mths- I think for her it is also a developmental spurt since she's starting to learn to crawl, stand up on her own and cruise all at once :wacko: She doesn't stay still at all even when sitting so I guess she's just making up for all the calories she's burning :shrug: We're doing BLW and she seems to be eating more too.

Emma started doing the same around 7mths- I think for her it is also a developmental spurt since she's starting to learn to crawl, stand up on her own and cruise all at once :wacko: She doesn't stay still at all even when sitting so I guess she's just making up for all the calories she's burning :shrug: We're doing BLW and she seems to be eating more too.

I think that Thomas's was a bit of a developmental spurt too. Obsessed with walking around the room holding onto your hands, trying to figure out how to crawl forwards instead of backwards, and getting the hang of pincer grip too. It is lovely to see the progress - but why does it have to mess with their sleep so much??

It could be that, as she is so very close to crawling right now - might have something to do with it? I keep thinking perhaps i'm not giving her enough solids in the day? So i'm trying to put more into her but when she says enough, i can't exactly force her! Lol.

Really hoping tonight will go better - here's hoping!

It could be that, as she is so very close to crawling right now - might have something to do with it? I keep thinking perhaps i'm not giving her enough solids in the day? So i'm trying to put more into her but when she says enough, i can't exactly force her! Lol.

Really hoping tonight will go better - here's hoping!

I think it could definitely be related to trying to crawl and other developmental stuff, I think when there is a lot going on for them developmentally they get a little bit wired and unsettled and it does affect their sleep. I don't think you should try to force her to eat more - Thomas was eating loads and still waking up so I'm not convinced that it even makes a difference how much they are eating.

I'm really hoping we are out the other side of it now - I will let you know how tonight goes. I think the hardest thing for me was not knowing why it was happening and worrying that I was doing something wrong that was causing him to wake and worrying that this was the way things would be from now on. If I knew in advance that it was just a phase/growth spurt/developmental spurt and he would get back to normal once he got through it, then I think I would have found it much easier to cope with.

Hope you have a better night tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->