7 month old baby clamping mouth shut at EVERYTHING!

lola291

Reaction score
HI!

I began weaning my son at approx 5.5 months baby rice, fruit puree, veg puree etc he happily took this although as he was a bit younger he only had a small amount at a time. Now he is 7 months and i think it could be the aftermath of the cold he had a couple of weeks ago (as it has been happening since then) he is pretty much refusing everything..im lucky if i can get 1 or 2 spoons of lunch and tea down him! He seems to still enjoy his brekkie but lunch, dinner and even snacks he has startedf to clamp his mouth shut and turn his head away then having a pig paddy if i persevere!

My question is..... do i try and MAKE him eat the food (as i have tried him with lots of diff things e.g. just finger food, homemade food, jars etc!) or do i wait it out and hopefully it will correct itself!! Just dont wanna end up with a baby that refuses most foods like on jo frost the other day!!! extreme I know!!!

I certainly wouldn't force the issue or you could end up with him having very bad food and mealtime associations. I'm sure it's a phase which will pass in its own time :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->