• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

7 month old weighs 25lbs

Lana Farrell

Have1 boy,expecting twins
Reaction score
My ds weighs 25lbs at only 71/2 months old. I'm aware this is way over the average but he doesn't look overweight at all. He is very long so I think this is why he weighs a lot for age.

The fact he is over the upper limit for his age, does this matter?

Does anyone else have a baby heavier than the upper limits?

I partially breastfeed him, he gets neocate formula, and has been eating purées and now some slightly chunkier healthy foods when he wants to eat. (Sometimes he doesn't want any food, think he is more interested in the world he is now discovering)

I have a big baby, he is 11 months but has been big since 3 months. He was about 28lbs at 8 months and is way above average in height. He wears age 2-3 clothes but is not fat at all, he is very solid and so strong. My idiot neighbour says I overfeed him but I know he is in proportion. Happy and healthy is all that matters. One thing I don't like is that his strength and weight allows him to get out of my arms and run away if something takes his fancy! :haha:

That's good to know its not just my ds. People say the same to me... What am I feeding him, he is too fat! I think it's so rude. I agree that as long as they're healthy and don't look overweight then it's fine. He wears 2-3 clothes wow, I can relate mine is in 9-12 now. It makes it difficult when it comes to how long things last because of his size, like a car seat for example or a bath seat or his bouncer which didnt last long at all. This may sound silly but do you think being larger will make it more difficult for them to begin to walk?

I'm on the opposite end, DD has always been small. She'll be 2 next month and is only 22-23 lbs. I've lost count how many times strangers mentioned how tiny she looks, especially during the first year. I just shrug it off; she's healthy and her doctor is happy. Kids come in all shapes and sizes. The scale isn't everything! (unless you're trying to lose weight, and then it's evil :growlmad:)

She didn't start walking until 13-14 months, which is later than average I think. I wouldn't worry too much, which is easier said than done I know!

:hugs:

He walked at 8.5 months now and again, the first steps but now he is walking just fine and not yet one so no. Me and my partner are I guess tallish - 5'7 and 6'3 but he has cousins that are super tall, like 6'7 or something ridiculous!! My son has always been super strong, rolled over from day one, half a roll and always had his legs rigid and was desperate to stand. Amazing really because I was ill in pregnancy and gained nearly no weight and had heart problems, his cord was nearly completely severed at birth and half dead. Midwife said she had never seen a living baby with some condition - no idea of medical name - and took cord and placenta off to show her students. We feel very lucky

Wow rach79 that's truly amazing that you and your little boy pulled through. He sounds very healthy and a determined baby :) my boy does the same with having rigid legs all the time and doesn't want his bum on the floor lol he now uses his arms and pulls himself up on me and he is nearly 8 months now.
And kittehkat thank you for your input too, just shows its whether they are healthy not what they weigh. I totally agree they do come in all shapes and sizes.
I feel reassured that he is fine at his weight and size so thanks ladies xxx
Btw I'm still trying to lose the baby weight but I had severel disc bulges and one severely herniated disc on my sciatic nerve so that has stopped me from exercising... Still no excuse but o well!

We are the opposite too...tiny 16 month old that is 19 pounds. She doesn't look super skinny but when people guess how old she is they always guess between 8 and 10 months. Then they are shocked and make comments about how tiny she is for being 16 months old. She's happy, healthy and walked at 12.5 months. Her dad is 5'5" and I'm 5'4" so we aren't going to make huge babies!
That being said her doctor always had me feeling like a terrible mother because my daughter was too small and I couldn't get her to take formula to save my life. So it's not just hurtful comments from people we meet out and about, it's also the health care 'professionals' that make judgmental comments.

Sorry about the rant!

I'm sure that size isn't going to affect the ability to walk. I know a little guy that was in the 50th percentile that didn't walk independently until he was 16 months old because he just didn't want to. :flower:

This was my son. He was a goliath baby coming in at 22lbs at just 4 months old. He's now 9 years old, 75lbs, nearly 5ft tall, and perfectly healthy with an athletic body (although he's still so much taller than his same aged friends).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->