7 months old- what are you feeding your LO?

cparks1

Reaction score
My son is 7 months old and I'm still nursing him. I just want to get an idea if I am on schedule with what i should be feeding him.

5:30 am- I nurse him
8:30-9:00 am- Cereal, then a bottle (my milk)
11:30 am- Gerber veggie or fruit (stage 1)
12:00 pm- I nurse him
2:00 pm- Bottle (my milk)
4:00-4:30 pm- Veggie or fruit ?? He's in daycare so I'm not sure if she feeds him two veggies a day or not or one veggie and one fruit??
6:00-6:30 pm-Gerber veggie and Gerber fruit (we are finishing up all stage 1 Gerber foods and moving on to stage 2, it's chunkier)
7:30-8:00 pm- I nurse him
9:30-10:00- I nurse him

I plan on breast feeding for the full year.My plan is to start weaning him a month or two before he turns one on July 1st. Am I headed down the right path? I'm not sure when he can have water or juice or whole milk, I'd like to try and get him used to a training sippy cup around May. Am I thinking too far ahead? Please help.

Bren is still pretty much BF, he is just not that interested in solids yet, and I am not pushing. Water is fine now. Milk you should wait till after 12 months, and I think the same with juice, just water it down.

Char was on stage two foods, trying water (which she hated) and cereal in her formula

baby porridge for breakfast, then pretty much any meaty / fishy or vege dish - his favourite is chicken casserole (minus the salt / stock cubes) or bolognaise (again minus the salt). followed by fruit puree for lunch and the same sort of things again in the evening for dinner.
We're not following any particular routine or guides.
I generally give him what we have if it can be blended to baby food and the whole house has given up salt. I also make our own stock these days so I dont need cubes.

i had tried to give baby jarred meaty or fishy meals or homemade vege purees only and apart from the odd one he didnt like them. He much prefers our food, garlic, onions and all!

You know your own child best and go with what feels natural and right to you at the time. I'd try and avoid having too many set ideas so far ahead as you may find you need to change to suit your LO and there's no point beating yourself up for not meeting your plan.

At 7 months mine were eating our food mashed up. Cereal with cows milk, toast. Sandwiches, baked potatoes, etc for lunch and then whatever we ate for dinner for their evening meal including chilli con carnes and curries. All meats and fish. Fruit or raisins etc for a snack. Started with water around 6 months as I BF too and introduced it with a sippy cup.

The only table food I have done is mashed potatoes, a little ice cream and icing (from a b-day party). Other than that, I have stuck with puree foods (I guess because it is easier). Thank you all for your replies, I see that everyone is different and that I shouldn't have high expectations. I appreciate your responses, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->