7 week scan but only saw yolk sac :-( is there hope?

Jbaby90

Reaction score
So I had my first scan today and expected to see my little bean and a heart beat but only saw the gest sac and yolk sac......anyone had this and gone on to have everything turn out fine? I'm losing hope by the minute!
I have a doc appointment this afternoon and they will Prob check my hcg so hopefully it is high!

Are you sure about when you ovulated Hun? The weeks leading up to this time are crucial and a couple of days either waay can make a big difference.

Yer I'm sure when I ovulated cos I documented when we bd and the latest it could have been was only 4 days after what I thought so that wouldn't put my dates like 2 weeks out :-(

Well sperm can live up to 5 days after you bd and implantation can happen up until 12 dpo so you never know. We didn't see anything past a yolk sac until 6 weeks 2 days and we BARELY saw the heartbeat so it's possible you bean just isn't developed that far. Hang in there and by your next scan you should see more for sure !

This exact thing happened to me on Monday. My HcG was good but my progesterone was lower than they'd like at 11.7. OB put me on progesterone supplements.

What did the sonographer/nurse say to you during the scan about what they saw?

I'm trying to hold onto hope <3 thank you ladies!!
They said they could only see the gest sac and yolk sac and that the gest sac was measuring 25mm which is quite large for not seeing a baby......I'm guessing that's a bad thing :-(

Hey Hun,

I hope you are doing ok.
I went in for a scan at what I thought was 7 weeks, I thought I was certain of my dates. There was a sac measuring 5.5 weeks with nothing in it, went back 10 days later and the heartbeat was there. I also had a scan a week later to try and put my rest and all was ok.
There was one other day which we bd'd a. Jd by checking my calendar many many times does make sense with the dates.
Did they say how many weeks the sac was measuring? X

Thank you, I hope I am the same as you then!
No he didn't say what the sac was measuring? He was actually really rude and I am going to a different place for my next ultrasound. I am going back next Friday so hopefully I see more in a week!

Hope all turns out ok hun. Fingers crossed x

Got my hcg back today and my level was 16600 yesterday. Going back Monday for another blood draw so hopefully it's increasing!!

My cousin had a scan recently at what she thought was 7 weeks and had a sac and yolk. She had one previously with just a sac. She's going back on friday for her next ultrasound, but hers is clearly progressing :)

Fingers crossed for you x x

My cousin had a scan recently at what she thought was 7 weeks and had a sac and yolk. She had one previously with just a sac. She's going back on friday for her next ultrasound, but hers is clearly progressing :)

Oh really!! Let me know how she goes Friday too!! Fingers crossed for both of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->