7 week scan showing 5.5 weeks

babyboo085

TTCAL
Reaction score
Hello Ladies! I hope you are having a good weekend. Got my bfp 2 weeks ago, though I was a bit nervous of it being a bit faint ( some of you may have seen my obsessive posts) by my dates I should be just 7 weeks. Had an early ultrasound yesterday and there is a sack measuring 5.5 weeks. The sonographer thinks I may have my dates slightly wrong, she said my urine test showed up positive straight away and strongly which is a good sign......
I have to go back for a follow up in 10 days on the 27th. Has anyone had a similar experience and has anyone had a positive outcome? Xxx

What date are you going on? LMP, OPK's, Temping? LMP can be very inaccurate.

Hey Celesse,

Lmp, I had given up on opks. I am pretty sure when I ovulated because of ewcm and ov pains so was really quite sure of my dates?

Sorry hun, I don't have any advice... unfortunately for me my only experience with measuring off was a bad one... however I have seen many many stories where people measure smaller than expected but then they go back and everything is fine!! Hopefully that's what will happen for you!!! I've got my fingers crossed for you!! Keep us updated!!!

Hi, had I not been charting in both my pregnancies my dates would be off based on LMP as I O late so hope it is just the same for you. Sometimes body gears up to O with EWCM etc... but then doesn't and Os later so think it is still poss you are OK. Best of luck for your next scan :flower:

My sister had this with her second pregnancy. At her next scan, baby had passed away. I'm sorry that this is happening to you, and I have seen positive stories about this on the site, but I do not want to give you false hope either. I would just hope for the best but expect the worst so that you'll either have a happy miracle or make it easier to cope. Still, I'm really hoping for you and baby. Keeping you in my thoughts, and I will be waiting for a hopefully positive update!

Thank you for your honest comments ladies, I will brace myself for the worst. I feel really pregnant which is confusing me so much!! X

I hope you will have a positive outcome on the 27th:hugs:

You may have ovulated a week/10 days late. When did you get your bfp? You can't really get one before about 10 days from conception, so that should help you figure out dates as well.

Sadly, the only other likelihood is that you are miscarrying. Just happened to me now and happened also about 7 years ago. I was sure of my dates, though.

Keeping FX.

Hi when I went for an early scan with dd she was measuring over a week behind, then a couple of weeks later she was bang on. They are sooooo tiny right now even a few mm off when measuring can throw your dates.

I was 9 days off on my dates :) so exactly what you are going through. I was 6 weeks and 6 days but should have been 8 weeks 1 day :) everything was fine on the scan I go back in Tuesday for my 13 weeks appt :);I'm sure all is well! Good luck

Good luck hun! Hope everything turns out ok x

Thanks all. My symptoms are getting stronger but I don't know if that's a good sign? With my mmc my symptoms didn't fade until a week before I found out and the baby had died at 7 weeks x

You may have ovulated a week/10 days late. When did you get your bfp? You can't really get one before about 10 days from conception, so that should help you figure out dates as well.

Sadly, the only other likelihood is that you are miscarrying. Just happened to me now and happened also about 7 years ago. I was sure of my dates, though.

Keeping FX.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are doing ok xx
Thanks for your advice. I got a faint bfp on 1st November, I was concerned it was light then. Xx

I had a scan at 7+2 and was measuring 8 days behind..because it is super early, even the smallest mm makes a big difference.

My bubba is now 17+4 and measuring bang on with dates, even after 3 spots of bleeding. Good luck x x

Good morning all, I'm here for some advice again.....
Had some very sharp cramping on left side of abdomen near ovaries yesterday that lasted about 4-5 hours, I was clock watching! This morning my boobs aren't as sore and I don't feel so crappy so I am pretty sure of what is happening. Do I have to wait for my scan next weeks or can I just go to a&e sooner? I'm concerned if I do go to my docs or a&e they will tell me to come back on the 27th when my scan is booked for. If this is happening which I'm pretty sure it is I just want it all sorted, I had a terrible experience last time. Xx

I'd ring the hospital and ask to go for a scan today because of pains. If they don't chsnge your scan date then u could go to a&e.
My baby measured a week behind too. I don't know the outcome yet but the mw ssid not to worry xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->