7 weeks, lost HUGE clot, baby okay

tashak88

Autism awareness!!! 💙
Reaction score
So I went to the dr for a normal appt (my first prenatal appt) so I went to pee in the cup and I felt a gush and a huge clot came out..I wasn't cramping or anything.. I had a little twinge in my left bikini area, but that's been happening for like a week or 2... I instantly thought I lost the baby... I posted a pic of the toilet (sorry if TMI) image.jpg

Go to get an emergency ultrasound to make sure I passed everything.. Showed dr the pic and he said he thought I miscarried...

Much to my surprise, the ultrasounds showed a 7 week baby with a heartbeat if 141bpm...

Oh my god. Today has been a whirlwind... The ultrasound tech said she saw no tearing or anything.. So I have no idea where the blood and clot came from... I'm still bleeding lightly, (no gushing, only when I pee and wipe) I am soooo nervous!! I got back Friday for another blood test and stuff. So I guess I'll hear more then..

Anyone ever been through something like this?

Thats great you had a scan and baby is ok. I unfortunately went through something similar, it was in my sons pregnancy, and the clot I passed was his twin that sadly didn't make it. I passed the clot, it was examined by doctors and confirmed I had miscarried. I was devastated. But a scan a week later to check all had gone still showed a wriggly little baby. So only explanation was there had been two. I'm not saying that's what happened with you, but can only share my experience. Hopefully your doctor may be able to shed more light on things for you! Good luck!

Thats great you had a scan and baby is ok. I unfortunately went through something similar, it was in my sons pregnancy, and the clot I passed was his twin that sadly didn't make it. I passed the clot, it was examined by doctors and confirmed I had miscarried. I was devastated. But a scan a week later to check all had gone still showed a wriggly little baby. So only explanation was there had been two. I'm not saying that's what happened with you, but can only share my experience. Hopefully your doctor may be able to shed more light on things for you! Good luck!

Thank you for your reply!! Honestly, that's what I was thinking as well... Though we might never know for certain.. As this was my first ultrasound, and the clot/tissue was disposed of.. :( hopefully everything goes well for me.. I'm a nervous wreck now.. Taking it easy though.. Just laying around.. :) again, thank you!!

You poor thing. That's a very concerning clot. I'd rest as much as possible until your next appointment. Hopefully baby sticks and it's just one of those things xx

With my dd I had 2 early scans showing one healthy baby then one day at 10 weeks I felt this huge gush. It was blood and I had the gushing for up to a week and passed a clot as big as my thumb as well as several smaller ones. I bled for 4 weeks in total by the time it tapered off.

They found a happy baby every time and the consultant eventually found a clot that must have come away about 2cm from the placenta. It wasn't affecting baby at all but was a really horrible time.

Once we got past that I had a great pregnancy and she's lying beside me taking up most of the bed now.

You poor thing. That's a very concerning clot. I'd rest as much as possible until your next appointment. Hopefully baby sticks and it's just one of those things xx

Thank you!! The bleeding completely stopped about 3 hours after I passed the clot... And I've been just laying around ever since... Fingers crossed for a good outcome at the doctor tomorrow!! Xx :)

Thank you for your reply!! Honestly, that's what I was thinking as well... Though we might never know for certain.. As this was my first ultrasound, and the clot/tissue was disposed of.. :( hopefully everything goes well for me.. I'm a nervous wreck now.. Taking it easy though.. Just laying around.. :) again, thank you!!

Question.... Did you notice a decrease in symptoms after you lost the twin? My boobs still hurt pretty bad, but before they hurt so bad that I would cry... And my nausea doesn't seem as bad now either.. Just wondering if its coincidence or not..

Question.... Did you notice a decrease in symptoms after you lost the twin? My boobs still hurt pretty bad, but before they hurt so bad that I would cry... And my nausea doesn't seem as bad now either.. Just wondering if its coincidence or not..

I didn't to be honest although it would make sense as Hcg levels would be lower. I wouldn't panic about it. Sure your little one is just fine :)

I had a similar experience with my first pregnancy at just about 7 weeks as well. I went to the ER, and everything checked out. I did have a small uterine cyst dangerously close to the sac, but it cleared up within a couple of days and baby was fine so they just labeled it as a threatened miscarriage. I lost that pregnancy a few weeks later but that was completely unrelated.

I do agree that it could be a twin loss. I lost a twin with my last pregnancy at about 6weeks. I was having cramping and bleeding off and on in that pregnancy, but we confirmed it was a lost twin with hcg levels and ultrasounds (saw a very small secondary sac)

Did they look for sub chorionic hematoma? It can cause bleeding and clots without hurting the baby! It's a blood clot that almost looks like an empty sac! I have two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->