7 weeks w/ extreme dizziness

His Princess

Mummy to my miracle
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I wondered if any of you had experienced this early on?

I'm 7 weeks today and on my way into work this morning, I came over extremely dizzy, to the point I felt as I had to steady myself against a wall to prevent myself from fainting. My blood pressure tends to be on the low side anyway, so I had a carton of Apple juice and a decaf coffee with syrup, to try to bring my blood sugar up. It's taken me over an hour to start feeling a little back to normal but now I'm really worried. I had a mmc in April, so I'm freaking out a little xx

Yes, i had this around 6-7 weeks. I was very dizzy and weak. I went to the dr, bloodwork was fine. She told me to eat way more often and to always have a snack with me where ever i go.,

Thanks for responding, Kat.

I spoke to my clinic who reassured me, so I'm just going to make sure I carry a snack and a carton of juice with me from now on!

i still get dizzy to the point i see black spots and if i dont sit down immediately i faint/collapse. this normally only happens in the morning if i havent eaten yet and sometimes it happens while im trying to cook breakfast to eat. it started back in week 6 or 7 for me but its only gotten bad about 4 times.

eating enough good things and resting before running to do chores is all i need to do to prevent it or help it after it happens.

I am a little bit confused, you said you have low blood pressure and are trying to bring your blood sugars up? Do you suffer from both low blood sugar and blood pressure?

I have borderline low blood pressure as well, and the further along my pregnancy goes the more I can feel the effects and the lower my blood pressure seems to be going. Eating frequent small meals does apparently help with both low blood pressure and low blood sugar as does staying well hydrated.

Also, try to get some sort of protein in your snack because I have found it helpful when I get hit by dizzy spells. I have started hard boiling eggs and keeping them available so I don't have to cook in order to get some decent nutrition if I get hit unexpectedly by faintness.

Sorry, yes I do tend to have a low blood pressure most of the time anyway (pre-pregnancy) and I know it drops during pregnancy, which could have caused it. My blood sugar levels can also be a bit crazy because of my PCOS.

I had already eaten breakfast and it happened really suddenly, so caught me off guard. I read that you should try to up your protein intake so I've been trying to get a good amount of protein on board. Luckily, I've been fine today.

I've got my 7 week scan on Friday, so they should check my bloods then too. Hopefully that'll show that all is okay!

I get low blood pressure in pregnancy, makes me very dizzy, I noticed it mostly getting out the bath, I was told low blood pressure is very common in pregnancy (and much better than high blood pressure!) x

Sorry, yes I do tend to have a low blood pressure most of the time anyway (pre-pregnancy) and I know it drops during pregnancy, which could have caused it. My blood sugar levels can also be a bit crazy because of my PCOS.

I had already eaten breakfast and it happened really suddenly, so caught me off guard. I read that you should try to up your protein intake so I've been trying to get a good amount of protein on board. Luckily, I've been fine today.

I've got my 7 week scan on Friday, so they should check my bloods then too. Hopefully that'll show that all is okay!

Ok makes sense I was just wondering because one calls for salt intake and the other for sugar. Sounds like you are on the right track though just keep trying to eat as balanced as possible and often. It is going to hit you regardless I believe but can be regulated somewhat by doing what you are doing. Hope your blood work comes back well and congrats on your pregnancy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->