7 wks Heart rate too low?

Holliems

Reaction score
Had a scan today. I measured 7 weeks on the dot! Heart rate is 118...Is that too low? She said it was early and it'll speed up but...now I'm worried.

I bet you its just fine. I read on a different post someone had much different heart rates within a few days. I think your baby having a heart beat is great news Hun! Congrats!

Thank you. I think I remember a post like that too. She said it was normal so we'll see. I don't see a dr until next month so until then all I can do is worry!

With dd I had a scan at 6+5 and her heart rate was 114 bpm. She will be 3 on Friday!

I've been doing some reading. I know, probably not a good idea but I couldn't help it. From everything I've read, seems like 118 is way low for 7 weeks and I'll probably lose the pregnancy. Not anything I can do, I guess..

mine was 130 - so not far off really! I think the tech told me they like it to be over 120 and you're 2 beats per min off!

I'm going to have to book a private scan at 8 weeks to know one way or another. I can't believe I have to wait until 12 weeks to even see a dr. Wtf.

Sounds fine to me. Is your date what doctors measured baby at or is that your dates?

I've been doing some reading. I know, probably not a good idea but I couldn't help it. From everything I've read, seems like 118 is way low for 7 weeks and I'll probably lose the pregnancy. Not anything I can do, I guess..

I don't think it's way off! I think they like it to be 120 and up, and how long do they even measure it for 5 seconds ? I do not think this means miscarriage is imminent! Don't you think your clinic would have prepared you for that? They would have said "this is unhealthy heart beat be prepared for a loss". Stop googling! I google all the time and all it does is make me crazy!

I think that was my post XD
But at 6 weeks 2 days the heart rate was only 111 bpm. At 8 weeks 3 days it was 121 bpm and then just three days later at 8 weeks 6 days it shot up to 164 bpm. So I think 118 bpm would be normal for 7 weeks ^_^ I think it depends if they are moving or not. My mother made the comment that it looked like the baby was moving around in the ultrasound so it just looked like a blur XD
I don't know why you would have a miscarriage based on one measurement. Did the ultrasound or doctor sound worried? If not than I think everything is okay.

I had the scan done at the Naval hospital. Then they referred me to a different place I'll be going from now on. I have yet to speak with a nurse or dr and won't until the end of January. And it makes me mad because who do I talk to about concerns?

Anyway, I'm about to book a private scan for next week. 🙁

I had an us at 6 weeks and her heart rate was 174! I was worried it was way too fast and that her heart was going to explode or something. My OB told me that early they are just starting to beat so there isn't any rhythm so while it may have been that at that current moment it could speed up or slow down within minutes.

Mine was 113 at 6w5d and I was worried too. At 10 weeks it was 175. Don't worry, it does speed up!

At 7+3 Sophies was 108-110, if I remember correctly, and I freaked the HELL out. I had a thread on here. There has never been a thing wrong with her at all, and she's worn my fitbit charge hr (lol) and her heart seems to beat pretty vigorously these days. I actually got told it was a bit slow and there was a chance things weren't going well, so it was a dreadful time of worry between then and my first try of a doppler at 15 weeks.

She never had a heart rate as high as Thomas did during my pregnancy, hers sat around 135bpm from 15 weeks, his was more like 160bpm.

Edited to add my old thread: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...7w3d-scan-measuring-small-slow-heartrate.html

Thanks for the reassurance. I booked an appointment for next Tuesday. But...they don't give you bpm. :( I don't know what to do. I'd call my dr and ask for another scan but I don't know who that'll be or if I'll be seen at a clinic or hospital next month. I feel so in the dark.

I wouldn't even worry

I'm in the UK and when I had a scan at 7 weeks she said it was nonsense to even check the rate at that stage as things are developing so quickly
If the heartbeat is there, try not to stress about the number

Trying to not over think it. It wasnt THAT low so Im probably worried over nothing. Still getting a private scan next week lol. I figure if it's bigger then I know everything is going ok.

Wow we are privy to so much info thanks to Google! It's a blessing & a curse. If they were worried they would have mentioned it. I'm sure they would have taken care of you had there been an issue. Early scans are notoriously inaccurate I'm sure all is fine. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->