7 years between DD and this baby, anyone else with similar age gap?

purpleshark

Reaction score
I'm really intrigued as to how my DD will be once baby arrives. I think its going to be a bit of a shock, i mean its one thing to see your mummy getting a big tummy, to feel the kicks etc and then suddenly one day there is a baby. Anyone else with this age gap between their bump and child, or with two of their children already?

Mine will be closer in age, but I grew up with this age gap. I am the oldest, my brother is 2 years younger, my youngest brother and him are 6.5 years apart. It was really hard for my brother to adjust, but his nature was selfish (still is, lol) I was 8.5 and him and I are best friends. I was a great helper and loved everything about babies. Chances are your daughter will be the same. Gl

I'm really intrigued as to how my DD will be once baby arrives. I think its going to be a bit of a shock, i mean its one thing to see your mummy getting a big tummy, to feel the kicks etc and then suddenly one day there is a baby. Anyone else with this age gap between their bump and child, or with two of their children already?

I'll have nearly exactly 5 yrs between mine depending on when this little one shows her face (my lb will be 5 on 20th june and am due with this one on 23 rd june - not planned that way!! :haha:)

I too am insterested to see how he's going to handle it - its all exciting at the moment! He even said he can't wait to share a room with her - he wont be saying that when she's crying through the night:haha:

I am from second tri. I love to come read the baby stories and see the baby pics here. My DD and this one will be NINE years apart. You have a few months on me so I would love to know now your daughter adjusts when baby comes home! GL to you.

I'll have nearly exactly 5 yrs between mine depending on when this little one shows her face (my lb will be 5 on 20th june and am due with this one on 23 rd june - not planned that way!! :haha:)

I too am insterested to see how he's going to handle it - its all exciting at the moment! He even said he can't wait to share a room with her - he wont be saying that when she's crying through the night:haha:

lol my DD has said exactly the same thing, about looking forward to sharing a room with him. Do you have any ideas as to how he'll be with her? I think my DD will be good, helpful but you can't really know til it happens can you.

Hey. I had my baby boy 3 days ago and also have a 7 year old son. I was worried about the gap but my son has been smitten with his brother since day 1. He's already said he will teach him how to play football and to swim and how to eat all his vegetables! He loves helping me bath the baby and get him dressed too. I love how involved he is and I know the pair of them are going to be super close. It's brilliant having a wee helper :) As much as I wish I'd been able to give him a sibling closer in age, there are definite benefits to having a larger age gap.

I do take care to make sure I tell me eldest frequently that I love him even more now I see what a great big brother he is. I know he was worried I wouldn't love him as much with a new baby to care for and I'm lucky that he felt able to share his worries with me so I could reassure him.

Mine will be closer in age, but I grew up with this age gap. I am the oldest, my brother is 2 years younger, my youngest brother and him are 6.5 years apart. It was really hard for my brother to adjust, but his nature was selfish (still is, lol) I was 8.5 and him and I are best friends. I was a great helper and loved everything about babies. Chances are your daughter will be the same. Gl

Thank you :) I hope she will be like that. I think she will be, but its hard to know when they've never had that experience before is it.

I am from second tri. I love to come read the baby stories and see the baby pics here. My DD and this one will be NINE years apart. You have a few months on me so I would love to know now your daughter adjusts when baby comes home! GL to you.

How do you think your daughter will be when baby comes along? I think mine will be really helpful, but its going to be so different for her. Will update when i get a minute once he arrives :)

Hey. I had my baby boy 3 days ago and also have a 7 year old son. I was worried about the gap but my son has been smitten with his brother since day 1. He's already said he will teach him how to play football and to swim and how to eat all his vegetables! He loves helping me bath the baby and get him dressed too. I love how involved he is and I know the pair of them are going to be super close. It's brilliant having a wee helper :) As much as I wish I'd been able to give him a sibling closer in age, there are definite benefits to having a larger age gap.

I do take care to make sure I tell me eldest frequently that I love him even more now I see what a great big brother he is. I know he was worried I wouldn't love him as much with a new baby to care for and I'm lucky that he felt able to share his worries with me so I could reassure him.

awww thank you for that! Lovely to hear that he is coping with it so well and sounds like he's being a great help too :D My DD has been saying about all the things she's going to do, like read stories to him etc. I think its a really good age gap to be honest, i'm pleased i didn't have one before now i think. As i think she is more able to understand and help etc.

lol my DD has said exactly the same thing, about looking forward to sharing a room with him. Do you have any ideas as to how he'll be with her? I think my DD will be good, helpful but you can't really know til it happens can you.

He's very loving with babies who are siblings of friends and other babies he meets so hoepfully he'll be ok! He was always very loving with the babies at his nursery before going to school - always wanted to help, to play with them - he likes to stroke their heads for some reason!

Generally I think he'll be ok, but only time will tell :shrug:

An age gap less of 3 years and over 6 years is optimal according to child psychologists.

Me and my sis have an age gap of 9 years and never had problems, in fact I was playing "mommy" when she was born and I learned tons of stuff about babies. Only difficult period was when I was in my early 20's and she was a kid in elementary school and we had very little in common. I adore my baby sis and we have a lovely relationship. Despite the age difference we do spend time together a lot now .

I've got 3 yrs 3 months between ds1 and dd2 and there will be 5 n half years between dd2 and dd3 when she arrives. dd2 is really good with babies so I am hoping she will be great with new baby but only time will tell :)

I've got three already, but there will be 7 years 9 months between my oldest, and the new baby.
I'm not terribly worried because she's really good with her youngest brother already. More-so these days than she is with her brother who is closest in age to her. I think because she sees him as her peer and he annoys her, whereas she sees herself more as a motherly-big-sister type to her youngest one, so I think she'll be fine with the new baby.

My baby is due in July and my DD will be 7 in Nov! She has special needs (global developmental delay, autistic like traits) and shes super excited! Im sure shes going to be a proper little mummy :) just worried about when her behavipur gets bad as im worried ill find it hard to cope while OH is back at work and DD is off school xx

I have a 10 yr old son and 10 and 6 year old stepdaughters. The older ones seem pretty excited about the new baby, however the 6 year old has already expressed her concerns that she won't get as much attention once the new baby is here. We'll see, hopefully she will cope with it and embrace her new role as a big sister - hopefully yours will too! FX :)

My son will be 14 when baby arrives and my daughter will be 13 so pretty hefty age gap. My children are so close I am a little worried they won't be as close with this baby growing up but so far they are so so excited about the baby coming, hope it stays that way :)

My boys will be 8 & 10 when this one is done in June. My boys are really close, but am hoping they will enjoy having a new baby. Fingers xed!

How do you think your daughter will be when baby comes along? I think mine will be really helpful, but its going to be so different for her. Will update when i get a minute once he arrives :)

I like to think she will be a good helper, like someone else said helping with bath, etc. I am not sure though because she is so used to being an only child. Is your new baby a girl? I think my daughter will like to dress up like lil baby is a doll. Can't wait to see how it goes and start the adjustment process.

My step daughter and my son will be 9 years apart! It worries me a little but then again it doesn't. If they love each then it will work out.

5 years for my son and his little brother ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->