This sounds so odd to me!! I'm all for being friendly with the neighbours as in saying hello and friendly wave when you pass each other but this sounds so extreme!! I like having my home to just me and knowing I can relax if I'm not expecting visitors! No advice sorry hun but this would wreck my head!!

I live on a small street. Although theres not the kinda going on and out and having joint gatherings everyone knows eachother.

When i didnt go out of the house in the morning, which i normally do, for two days my neighbour rang to see if we were alright. 50% of the time on leaving or coming out of the house my neighbour will come to her door for a chat.

I think there are definitely positives to this kinda thing. However if living in a close knitt street like that isnt for you and its making you uncomfortable. Best just to move to somewhere else with more like minded people

Bless you, that is so full on. I really can't think of much advice other than be polite but brief and keep your head down. There's nothing wrong with wanting to keep yourself to yourself.

Good luck :flower:

Are you sure you dont live on Wisteria Lane???

I think that sounds a little wierd. Its almost suffocating really, like you can't escape them even in your own home.

I would be a little annoyed if someone questioned why I didn't drop a birthday card into them, especially if I didn't know it was the persons birthday.

I don't have any advice really, just wanted to say I sympathise.
I hope they butt out of your business! :hugs:

Gosh it sounds like you live on Wisteria Lane!.... I would just be polite and yeah keep your head down. They should everntually get the message.

As for asking why you didn't put a card through the door on someone's birthday! WOW! My mum is lucky if she gets a card from me, let alone my neighbour getting one!

It's not a case of just moving though, as someone pointed out! It's soo expensive to move house and it's such a shame that you never know who your neighbours are goin to be until you move there!

It sounds like a more bizarre version of my neighbourhood! I am really close to all my neighbours. We have parties, and block parties in the summer. My neighbour to the left are older and they take the kids sometimes and let them play in their pool and sometimes will drop goodies off for them. The other side are more quiet but will chat with us and the kids...we know all our pets names etc. When I had Kelana they brought over gifts etc. The ones across the street are nice and she has a boy and is pregnant with another. She brings me wine and pops over ocassionally. I am good friends with a lady a few houses down, and then neighbours behind my backyard fence have three kids who hop the fence to play. The mom pops over to my house and we drink wine and bitch together sometimes. There was two more familys on my street who have since moved but I was really close to one...even attended her home birth. Then the other lady who lives beside the one across the street from us, she will take my kids to school when we can't for whatever reason...she is also the one who hosts the most parties including a really awesome one every Christmas eve. It's great to know my neighbours...and we are all really close. I know every single one of them to a varying degree. But, that being said...there is no weird vibe...at least I don't feel it. We did joke around that some of the new people in the hood just don't cut it, and they don't usually stay long...lmao...it was a joke tho.

I talk to the people opposite but they guy nextdoor ignores us and that suits me fine.

I'd just politely say no to any future invitations, maybe say the truth and that it's not your thing but thankyou very much for thinking of us and inviting us?

As for the birthday thing -wow...just wow x

how strange :S
as for the asking of money and moving the car they'd have got no chance of me!
it all seems lovely if your into that sort of stuff (i wouldn't be) ignore them if they freak you out, you live there to and you have a right to your privacy its nobody's business how you live or what you do bloody busy body's! xx

wow I couldnt deal with that! I would be their worst nightmare as I would not be moving my car or be paying for a bouncy castle! I would also be highly pissed off at being blocked in my own street!

I live in a "big" street 130+ houses/flats however I only know 5 other houses to have a chat with and that suits me fine.. 1 is a close friend we have made here who lives next door, then we have the other next door and we have little chats here and there.. Another has twins and we have become friends our boys even went to the same pre-school together till recently since we have both pulled our boys out lol Others are just randoms chats

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->