I haven't had one for my kids, but my sister's daughter has a seziure disorder, and she has had a couple. She said it really wasn't too bad. She has had a couple other tests where they glue electrodes to the head and then wait for the child to go to sleep...she says that one is worse because they hate the glueing part. She said that the going to sleep part is really not that bad. BUT...she is a nurse and sees it all the time. :hug: I would be nervous too...but, I am sure he is in good hands.

I had two during my pregnancy to get a better look at baby. They aren;t that bad and they won't hurt him at all, but they get some very good pictures from them.

I was 20 weeks pregnant at my first MRI and 34 at my second. It was funny, Tegan wouldn't stop moving so they had to stop the MRI machine early because they were just getting blurs! I wouldn't worry too much hun, Sedation really isn't that bad :hugs: Its nothing like being anaethetised and my LO was put under 6 times before she was 6 weeks old. Everything will be fine :hugs:

Hi Matilda as had several sedated MRIs now and they arent as bad as you think I feel the worse part is the starving xxx They just give them some medicine and then they are asleep be prepared it tastes horrible lots spit it out. If this doesnt work they do the opther one which is put there bum its more guaranteeds to work and within a second they are gone Matilda had this just be perpared the first nappy you change it smells horrible xx I can go on the ward now and no when someone as had it cause of the smell xx honestly though your child will be fine they arent out that long either only about 30 mins x

Tom has had two unsedated mri's but is going to have a sedated one in a few months. it is really is straightforward - but the mri is very very noisey and timeconsuming - so if they move (tom jumped) - they have to start again!

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->