7w5d brown discharge

LynAnne

Mum to 2 Boys
Reaction score
On Christmas Day (7w5d) I noticed some brown discharge and absolutely feared the worst. With all my losses in the past I completely believed I was having another miscarriage right then. I went home from my in-laws, rested up and prepared myself to be bleeding by the morning. I haven't had a drop since, not even sure lightly tinted bit of discharge. I've been feeling sick and tired like usual but I know that symptoms don't always mean a healthy pregnancy much like a lack of symptoms doesn't necessarily mean a loss.

I have a scan tomorrow afternoon at my EPU (I'll now be 8w2d) but I'm absolutely terrified. I've tried to prepare myself for the worst but I know I'm still going to fall apart if it does happen. Not really looking for advice or anything although success stories from similar situations would be nice. I just needed to write it out somewhere.

I hope all is well at your scan tomorrow!

Fingers crossed all is ok. I know how scary it is too, I had brown / pink discharge with both my previous pregnancies about that same time. Had scans and saw the HB and all was ok. With my 2nd baby I also had more spotting about 12 weeks and 16 weeks as well, similar times to when I would have had a period. I'm completely expecting it with #3 as well.

Good luck xx

I had spotting worse than that for 8 days at around the same time. My midwife said it can be implantation blood working it's way out, and that it was common. I'd say that since it's now stopped that's a great sign! I know how scary it is, especially since you have a history of losses. Just know tons of people have similar spotting and have healthy babies :)

On Christmas Day (7w5d) I noticed some brown discharge and absolutely feared the worst. With all my losses in the past I completely believed I was having another miscarriage right then. I went home from my in-laws, rested up and prepared myself to be bleeding by the morning. I haven't had a drop since, not even sure lightly tinted bit of discharge. I've been feeling sick and tired like usual but I know that symptoms don't always mean a healthy pregnancy much like a lack of symptoms doesn't necessarily mean a loss.

I have a scan tomorrow afternoon at my EPU (I'll now be 8w2d) but I'm absolutely terrified. I've tried to prepare myself for the worst but I know I'm still going to fall apart if it does happen. Not really looking for advice or anything although success stories from similar situations would be nice. I just needed to write it out somewhere.

Good Luck tomorrow, the fact it's brown means it's old blood, which from what I've read is a better sign that red blood. Also the fact it was just spotting and has stopped. Hope all goes well. I also have a scan today after a bright red bleed on Boxing Day. In my 4th pregnancy I had pink, brown and bright red spotting. All was fine. Xx

Thank you. Our scan got switched to this morning because of the snow. Baby is fine, measuring 8w5d, so a little ahead of where they are meant to be. Just a little blood from implantation.

Thank you. Our scan got switched to this morning because of the snow. Baby is fine, measuring 8w5d, so a little ahead of where they are meant to be. Just a little blood from implantation.

So glad to hear your good news ❤️ Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->