7week ultrasound- no heartbeat...

Bloblo

Reaction score
I shouldn't post this as i know there is the possibility to get only discouraging responses - i am scared to death... but hoping that there is some hope and some similar experiences with positive outcomes...

I went for a scan at 7w1d and there was no heartbeat. Dr said its too early to worry and i should just come back at 9w for another scan.
But she also sent me for hcg tests (i will get results on Friday).
I know that my dates cannot be wrong since i was tracking ovulation (using opk AND bbt). So there is no way that i am less than 7w pregnant.

Anyone else had a baby that started out with slow growth but then turned out fine? Im desperate for some hope... :cry:

I'm so sorry :( I'm not going to say it's impossible, but if you're absolutely certain you're no less than 7 weeks, I think you ought to have seen a fetal pole with a flashing heartbeat. Docs usually say it's too early at early scans because they know dates can be off by up to 1-2 weeks, maybe more... if you were under 6 weeks then no fetal pole or heartbeat seen is common. Did you see the fetal pole? It is possible you maybe had a late implanter and are a little earlier than you think. :hugs:

The fetal pole was visible, yes (but I don't know how big it measured). I got my bfp at 11dpo so i don't think late implantation is possibility unfortunately...
Thanks for your response. Im hoping that the doctor mightve just made a mistake or mightve been too hasty and that's why she missed the heartbeat...

Can't offer any encouragement, but sending :hug: xxx

I just want to say good luck for your next scan and hope that little heartbeat has started up. It's a shame you don't know is the size of the fetal pole as that would have helped give advice. Usually by 7 weeks a HB would be seen but there are sometimes exceptions and I hope you are one of them.

I think you're better off to expect the worst and hope for the best in this situation. It's unusual for a viable pregnancy to have no heartbeat at 7 weeks along, but it does happen. I've seen it happen.

sorry I have no advice but I have seen it a few times on these forums you might just have a bit of a slow developer of she could of just missed it its so easy this early as someone else said all you can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst, wishing you all the luck in the world

Agree with what everyone here has said in that it's not impossible, but it's on the less common side. But possible.

Crossing everything for Friday's hcg results (I'm assuming you're getting the results of two hcg draws on Friday? Not just one?)

Ok, so seeing a fetal pole is a good sign. It's possibly a mix of you being slightly earlier than you think (you'd be surprised at how early positives can sometimes show on tests) and maybe the heartbeat being a bit harder to see or starting up a bit later. I agree with the others... go in expecting the worst but with a bit of hope. It's possible everything will turn out okay and I would love to be more positive for you, but be careful not to get your hopes up too high. I have everything crossed that you get a good beta on Fri and the next one (you ideally need 2, 48 hours apart) and that your next ultrasound proves us wrong! :hugs:

Thanks ladies for the responses. My hcg will be two results, yes - to see if it is rising as it should.
Please keep me in your thoughts- this is my first pregnancy, and I am already attached to it. I am trying to keep on beeing positive, but as mentioned- i do not really expect any good news.

I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best :hugs:

Hi, i was around 6 wks when i was getting pains one side so i went for a scan, they couldn't see a heartbeat. The horrible person who done my scan said to me i cant find hb come back in 2 wks, this was my first pregnancy and i didn't know if it was normal not to see hb so i asked her and she just rolled her eyes at me and tuttted and huffed in my face and said oh you've probably lost it I'll see you in 2 wks. As you can imagine i left there in tears, someone recommended a site called baby and bump, that was 5yrs ago and i still hear. I spoke to a few women who didn't see the hb till 8/9 wks, long story short they finally picked up the hb at 9wks, Fingers crossed it works out well for you also,

If I went for a scan at 7 weeks and was sure of my dates and there was no hb I would definitely be worried. It's a shame you don't know what the fetal pole or sac was measuring. If they measured correctly I would be a bit more hopeful. I have seen people have happy endings in these situations so I'd definitely have hope but I'd prepare myself for the worst. Can I ask whether it was an abdominal or transvaginal scan? If it was abdominal do you carry any extra weight around your tummy?

Sorry to butt in... is a 7 week scan a normal thing to have or only if you think there is a problem? I've only heard of people have a 12 and 20 week scan

Sorry to butt in... is a 7 week scan a normal thing to have or only if you think there is a problem? I've only heard of people have a 12 and 20 week scan

In the UK, it's normal procedure to have a 12 and 20 weeks scan, if any pain/bleeding etc a scan will be done, or a reassurance scan will be offered to ladies who have suffered a loss/losses around 7/8 weeks.

I'm sorry, I agree with Mrs. B I had a heart beat at 6 wks 6 days. Then no more :'( my best of wishes to you dear. Xoxoxo know that every pregnancy is different. Stay positive.

Smurff, that is horrible, I know the feeling all to well. That happened to me & hubby while trying to find out the gender. Feb. Bb in heaven. My 1st pregnancy but thereafter I had my 9.5lbs 22in rainbow bb boy. Ppl like that should not work inplaces like this. Xoxoxo

Hi how is everything going? I too am in the same boat had a 2nd scan today which showed sac, yolk sac but no heartbeat I have to go back in a week. Xx

Unfortunately my news is not good... at 8w5d my hcg was only 200. And yesterday at 8w6d my ultrasound confirmed miscarriage. Unfortunately my cervix was still closed and refusing to budge so had to have it opened (luckily they put me under for the procedure).
I am now at home, recovering. I never thought that my first pregnancy could end like this, but I am holding on to the thought that it will get better with time.

@Ricschick: i hope you have a better outcome! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->