8/9 week old routine

M2B83

Reaction score
Hi all!
Poor little baby has had a tough past month as he has quite a severe diary allergy so is now trialling a second prescription milk, and then came down with bronchiolitis last week! *touch wood * he is getting a lot better. With all this in mind we haven't really been able to get into any sort of routine.
So my question is,what are your routines (roughly! ) for your 8/9 week old
Thanks!

My daughter is ten weeks old. I have a five year old too so my routine (not that we have tried to get her into a routine!) is based on school runs!

Wakes between 6-730 - bottle

Sleep in car seat on morning school run 830-9

Next bottle 930 ish

Sleep sometime between 11-12

Bottle at 12 ish

Another bottle at 2 ish

Nap on the school pick up 3 - 3.30

Another bottle at 4 or 5 ish

Short nap at 530 ish

Bottles (she cluster feeds) between 6-830/9 ish

Bed anytime from 730-10!

Like i said we haven't tried to get her into a routine but the school runs determine when we have to be in the car and that means she sleeps!

Hope this helps x

At 8-9 weeks, we really had no routine. It was still all just one long 24 hour day and we just went with it. By about 3 months, she started to settle into more of a routine on her own where naps and feeds were a bit more predictable and around 4 months we started a bedtime routine and putting her to sleep upstairs without us. But it was really too soon for us at 8 weeks. I think if it's not happening yet, there's no reason to try to force it if what you're doing now is working.

My baby boy turned 8 weeks yesterday, but he was born 4 weeks early. He was perfectly healthy, though, and seems to be hitting the milestones of an 8 week old so I'm not really going with "adjusted" age.
Anyways, I haven't put him on a schedule, we've always been more baby-led, but just today I was talking about how he has fallen into a nice little routine.

He wakes around 7:30-8 am, and immediately has a large dirty diaper. I always like to bathe him at this time since he's so happy (and dirty lol) and then he's alert & playful for another 30 min +
Then, feeding time again & into the wrap where he falls asleep for a long nap, this is the only nap where I can lay him down and he'll stay asleep for a good while (about 2 hrs)
Then he goes eat/alert/sleep all day, 2.5-3 hrs between feeds. He spends most of the day in his wrap, looking around or dozing. He wakes up/cries if I try to lay him down, so I just carry him unless he's eating or getting a new diaper.
Around 5- 6pm, he starts just wanting to be attached to my boob, eating. If I sit, cluster feed & rock him at this time, he falls into a deep sleep by about 8. Then I can lay him down, where he'll sleep 3 hours.
When he wakes up, I change him & bring him into my bed where he nurses pretty much all night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->