• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

8 day old spat up blood

Trappy

Reaction score
Hi girls, I am breast feeding my newborn, today she is 8 days old. I had a bit of trouble with her latch at the start but it's gotten better the last couple of days. I still have a bit of scanning on my nipples from when she wasn't latching properly. Today after a feed about 10 minutes after she spat up and there was about a teaspoon of bright red blood in her spit up. I called the maternal and child health care line and they said they're fairly sure it's just blood coming from my nipple. I've been told to just watch her and if it keeps happening to go get checked. Has anyone Meuse experienced this? I'm a first time mum.

I actually have, my nipples were in terrible shape and I had pumped a few hours before and there was a bunch of blood going into the milk, so I was completely positive it was blood from my nipples.

I think you're fine just taking the advice and keeping an eye on things but if you're really worried it never hurts to make an appointment to get it checked out and ease your mind. :)

I had this. It doesn't affect LO in any way but make sure you let it heal. Air as much as possible and loads of lansinoh nipple cream helped me. Also wearing breast shells so they didn't have anything rubbing against them.

Thanks guys, my nipples are starting to hurt a lot less and it hasn't happened since so I think it was from my nipple. It scared the crisp out of me! I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens again :)

I remember this happend with my first, i rang the midwife in a panic and said' hes been drinking my blood?' she said it was fine, i was very sore for first few weeks but they did heal up and it was so easy to bf then and they didnt bleed again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->