8 month old - meals?

ruth222

Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2
Reaction score
My little boy is now 8 months old, and I'm running out of ideas to give him to eat! He doesn't eat any baby jars of any kind, as he gets quite sicky on them - no idea why so we tend to steer clear of them!

He pretty much eats a lot of the stuff that we eat within reason! But I try to make it as healthy as I can but concious of the fact he needs more fruit and veg in him, which he never seems overly fussed about!

We have good days and bad days with food! So basically I would like some more ideas what I can feed him. Breakfast he either has porridge, weetabix, readybrek, what else can i try him with?? and what about for lunch and dinner? What do you all do that works for you? inc inbetween snacks of fruit yogs etc, thanks xx :thumbup:

toast or toased snadwiches are always good finger foods for breckie or lunch, you could try some mashed baked beans (the reduced salt and suger ones) with toast

scrambled eggs mushrooms and tomatoes is nice with bread or toast
crumpets
pasta with grated cheese
sticks of cucumber and peppers
fruit salad
sandwiches with tuna, egg cheese etc

Ruby's favourite food is roasted vegetables - chunks of butternut squash, sweet potato, parsnip and carrot. That might be good to get more veg in him. most supermarkets have a bag of frozen root veg for roasting.

Pasta bows with any homemade sauce goes down well.

Crumpets she likes, but be careful because some brands have LO's entire salt allowance in one :(

I make my own cheese scones, or fruit scones (I don't add any sugar or salt)

Ruby's favourite food is roasted vegetables - chunks of butternut squash, sweet potato, parsnip and carrot. That might be good to get more veg in him. most supermarkets have a bag of frozen root veg for roasting.

Pasta bows with any homemade sauce goes down well.

Crumpets she likes, but be careful because some brands have LO's entire salt allowance in one :(

I make my own cheese scones, or fruit scones (I don't add any sugar or salt)

what a great idea :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->