8 week injection? how miserable will LO be.

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Nickij, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Nickij

Nickij Mum of 2

Jack has his 8 week injections on wednesday next week. Iwas just wondering the effect they had on your LO's and how grumoy he will be over xmas?

2. Kaites

Kaites Well-Known Member

Emma slept through hers (weird kiddo I've got!) and then was super lethargic for the rest of the day. She was back to her regular self by the next day but I think her legs were a little sore at the injection sites. Good luck to you and baby Jack!

3. CatStorey

CatStorey Mum to Chloe and Tom :)

Ha ha, I was just wondering the same thing too. Chloe has her injections on Monday and she is already misserable enough with the Reflux and now possible teething I really don't want something else to piss her off and make her sad over Xmas!

4. dizzyspells

dizzyspells Mia & Finnlays Mummy.xxx

My daughter was really miserable after hers but LO has sailed through them all no problems at all!!Think it depends on the baby to be honest hunni.Hope they are not rough on you and your LO.xx

5. TheNewWife

TheNewWife In love with my girls

My daughter got quite upset at the shots but then calmed down within 5 minutes. I nursed her immediately after and aside from being a bit fussier than usual and her legs being slightly swollen she was fine. I think it was more difficult for me than her! We go back on the 29th for her 4 month shots :(

6. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Elyse had infant Tylenol 30 minutes before her needles and she did fine. She did cry initially and it wasn't fun getting her ready to go home from the doctor's (putting pants on her, getting her in her car seat, etc) but she was fine at home. Slept normally or more, and ate normally.

7. dizzyisacow

dizzyisacow wife,mother & myself

my lo was fine.no change at all

8. Rachel_C

Rachel_C Well-Known Member

I didn't notice any change in LO either :)

9. petal040

petal040 Guest

My LO slept a little more than usual that day and the next, but was otherwise fine. She was smiling again minutes after the injections. :)

10. lucilou

lucilou Cooking again!

Hamish cried for about 10 seconds when the needles went in, then as soon as I got him back in his pram he nodded off and there were no other effects at all.

11. fruity

fruity Well-Known Member

My bub was really grouchy for 4 days after her 8 & 12 week jabs. Calpol didn;t seem to help at all either.

12. first alien

first alien Well-Known Member

Finley screamed when he had the injections but soon gave me a smile after. later in the day he was grouchy and sleepy. when he was awake he wanted to be held. next day he was fine but he did have bruises on his leg