8 week scan internal or external?

xMissxZoiex

Leo, Wyatt, Owen & Milo
Reaction score
I have my scan today, will it be internal or external?

I'm just wondering if I should sip some water for a full bladder or make sure it's empty?.

Thank you :flower:

my emergency scan i had nil by mouth and found baby very easily externally and i was 8+3

At 8 weeks it could go either way.

Mine like to start with an external and then move unto an internal.

Mine at 10 weeks was internal. I had a full bladder, but they got me to pee in a pot anyway :haha:

I'm not sure but better to go with a full bladder :thumbup: then if internal you can just go for a wee :)

Yeah I had an emergency ultrasound too and it was external, but they told me specifically to drink the 1L of water. :S

I had a quick one at 7+1 and it was external....could just see the sack and fluttering heat beat <3

Next week at 8+1 I'm scheduled for an internal and she said we'll see more. Have fun!

I had one at 7 weeks 5 days and it was external!

So it ended up being an internal and my baby is so much bigger than 2 weeks ago measuring bang on 8 weeks :)

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j361/AllBeauty20/438ec569c15d354cccfcabb780ccf5e3.jpg

Congrats! That is amazing! I have my first scan tomorrow. I will be 7 weeks 4 days. Super duper nervous just hoping all is well inside me! Hoping Bambino is all comfy!

I have my scan today, will it be internal or external?

I'm just wondering if I should sip some water for a full bladder or make sure it's empty?.

Thank you :flower:

I had a scan at 8+2 and it was external. I was told to drink water like an hour before and hold it til after the ultrasound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->