8 week scan pic

B

BerryCat

Hi guys,

I'm a long-time lurker and have just worked up the courage to sign up on my work computer and risk colleagues seeing what site I am on!

I am currently 8+5 and I had my 8 week scan a couple of days ago at 8+3.

The heart beat was 174 bpm. That sounded quite high for me but OBGYN told me it was perfect. Baby was measuring 8 weeks and my due date has not changed. She found a tiny bleed nearby but said not to worry about it and not to be surprised or worried if I bleed a tiny bit or bleed out a very small clot. Sounds scary though right!?

But otherwise she said everything was good.

I've attached a picture. Anyway I'm just saying hello!

Right now the only thing I'm stressing about is toxoplasma. I have a kitten and yesterday when I picked him up he put his paw in my mouth :(

I thought I was going to be ok with it and just wait 3 weeks and get a blood test to make sure I didn't get toxo but I woke up in the middle of the night worried - so we've decided to get a blood test done on the cat in the hope that we get a result that says he doesn't have toxo. I will get that result back in 5 days (so still quite a wait but shorter than the 3+ weeks I'd have to wait to test myself).

Wish me luck. And does the scan pic/heart beat seem ok to you ladies?

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 44
Brilliant scan pic :) and our baby had a HB of 180 at 8+4 so I think its great!
As far as the toxo you should be fine but I don't blame you for getting the cat tested. My friend was a vet tech & she tested + for it but she has a beautiful healthy 3 year old now. GL!

Brilliant scan pic :) and our baby had a HB of 180 at 8+4 so I think its great!
As far as the toxo you should be fine but I don't blame you for getting the cat tested. My friend was a vet tech & she tested + for it but she has a beautiful healthy 3 year old now. GL!

Thank you! Yeah.. I hear if you get it in first tri - it can do the most damage (to brain and other organs) BUT.. first tri is also the smallest chance of passing it onto the baby (something like 15% I think).

Sigh.. I'll just have to wait for results and refrain from touching the cat for the next 7 months!

i had a scan when i was 8+1 and the heart rate was 174bpm exact same as you
its a strong heart beat which is a real good sign
and i had a small bit of fluid too and the tech said there is a ton of things it could be
but more than likely it is nothing to worry about
she said the most common thing for it to be would be left over blood from implantation and when i come back for my 16 week gender scan it probably wont even be there because it will get reabsorbed into my body

also as far as toxoplasma goes its only really a worry for cats that eat raw meat and such
so outdoors cats that catch mice, rats, moles, birds, squirrels, chipmunks ect.
if your cat is strictly indoor only and lives off of dry cat food or wet canned cat food
then you should be fine because it isnt really at risk for toxoplasma

Heya, just a little bit about toxoplasmosis:

It's highly unlikely if your cat is an inside cat for him to have it and it's even more rare for it to be transmitted to you, even from his foot. It's carried in their feces and doesn't live long outside of a host, so just make sure you're wearing cloves when changing the catbox or have someone else do it, and wash your hands afterwards and you should be fine. If your kitty has a habit of climbing on your face, as some do, then what I used to do with one kitty who loved to do that is wipe his paws off with a baby wipe or washcloth before I picked him up or let him jump on me. He got used to the routine eventually and I never had to worry.

Anyway, good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine. ^_^

In addition to what PregnantKitty said, most people who have had cats for awhile have already been exposed to toxoplasmosis, and if you've had it pre-pregnancy, there's no risk when you get pregnant even if you are exposed. So don't panic if the kitten's test results come back positive - the odds of you never having been exposed before, combined with the odds of anything actually being transmitted on his paw, means you're pretty safe. Toxoplasmosis is one of those things that they talk about a lot because the consequences are bad, but there's a very low risk of actually catching it while pregnant.

I tested positive for toxoplasmosis antibody but like PP said it was because I am a long time cat owner. It's really only a problem if you've never been around cats before and all of a sudden you are exposed to them. You should be fine.

I'm having an 8 week scan today, i'm at 8+5. So excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->