8 week scan tomorrow

DebDeb85

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
So our 8 week scan is early tomorrow morning, and I am very nervous. I even had a nightmare last night that I miscarried 😩 Horrible! Anyway, we had a sonogram at 6 weeks and the tech could see the heartbeat and said everything looked super healthy. I haven't had bad cramps or any bleeding. This means my miscarriage risk is super low, right? Needing some reassurance...this is our first ever pregnancy and I'm just afraid from all the miscarriage stories I've heard!
Thank you in advance! 😊

Good luck! The odds are now highly in your favour.xxx

Honestly, I wish I could say yes, but it's not a guaranty unfortunately. I'm not trying to be negative in any way, as I think after you see a heartbeat the odds are slightly lower, but I don't think by leaps and bounds by any means. but wanted to share my story. Last year we had an u/s at 6.5 weeks and saw a super strong heartbeat of 136 BPM and Dr. said we had a healthy baby. Went in for our 9 week u/s and no heartbeat - baby stopped growing either that day or the day before since she was measuring a day ahead. Unfortunately we lost her due to a chromosome issue. Now I'm pregnant again and of course very nervous.
I'm sure your scan will go just fine tomorrow (chances are that it will!). Just wanted to let you know that you have to be prepared as I was not thinking we were almost in the clear.

I have a scan today as well! Also super nervous as I haven't had an early one yet so don't know if hb etc yet. With my dd I had an early scan at 6 weeks and was told hb was a really good sign after my 8 week one with her I was told if all is well then it reduces to a 5% risk.

With all my missed miscarriages, baby was a bit small for dates even with a heartbeat. If everything looked right then I wouldn't panic x

It went great! Baby is measuring exactly at 8 weeks, and heart beat was at 165 bpm. A very good check up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 14
Lovely ultrasound picture :) H&H 9 months!

AFM the wait till my scan feels like a eternity! I'm only almost 5 weeks a long, to keep myself from worrying I've been POAS to see if my lines gotten darker and they have so I'm optimistic :)

Congratulations what a lovely pic. Mine went well too with baby measuring dead on my lmp dates thought I might be a bit further ahead due to a short cycle but no). Heres my 7+1 blob :) didn't give me a hb reading but could see ut going fast :)

https://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv109/abbyg25/Mobile%20Uploads/20150323_204310_zps8y2h6qbi.jpg

Congrats Certain! Looks wonderful!

I too, poas many times that first week of pregnancy! ;) My goal is to relax about it a lot more, now that my miscarriage risk has finally dropped a good bit.

Interesting note- I found out yesterday that I am considered high risk for spinabifida as my oldest (out of 4) brothers has it, and I have that folic acid deficiency (my body does a poor job processing it). The doctor has had me on a super high dose of folate for the past 5 months though, and I will also have a couple extra ultrasounds. I'm not too worried though! Since my oldest brother has it, I know that quality of life is still great with that disease.

Awesome debdeb85! Also I do think that once you see the hb, your rate of mc does go down by quite a bit, of course there are other factors that can make it not such a drop, but for a good chunk of women, the rate of mc falls 10-15% (for healthy women under the age of 30, with no previous history of recurrent mc, it gos down to 4% after seeing a healthy hb) which is quite a lot if you ask me and I'm not saying it can't still happen, in fact it happened to me, though I am over 30, just wanted to throw that out there because seeing the hb is a very good sign and is very encouraging!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->