8 weeks and dark brown discharge

clara123

Reaction score
I was 8 weeks yesterday I've just been to the loo as I felt a bit wet and I've got some dark brown discharge- should I be worrying? I am!

I've been feeling the usual sickness all day and not got any cramps or anything. Anyone else had this?

When I was pregnant with my daughter I used to get brown discharge between 6 and 8 weeks.

Thanks. Will a pregnancy test show if I'm still pregnant or not?

I don't think you have to worry. Brown discharge isn't a reason to worry unless it progresses to red blood and is accompanies by severe cramping. I also wouldn't try and use a pregnancy test because if you're hcg levels are too high, it could have the hook effect. The test won't register the super high levels of hcg and it would pop up negative.
I'd say just relax and keep an eye on the spotting.

It's thick and stringy- is that normal? And feels like I'm getting period type pains although I'm not sure if that's in my head. What would you do? X

It's thick and stringy- is that normal? And feels like I'm getting period type pains although I'm not sure if that's in my head. What would you do? X

You can always phone your doctors office and see what they say. Mine always had me come in to monitor my hcg levels and do ultrasounds every week during my pregnancy with my daughter.

I had this exact same thing yesterday and I'm 8 weeks today. Brown discharge and period type pains. I phoned my doctor who asked me to go in, but they weren't concerned at all. They took my blood pressure and heart rate, then felt around my stomach and sent me home. They advised to ask for an early scan if the discharge and pain carry on over the next few days, just to check things over. But it's stopped, no sign of it at all today! They say it's quite normal at this stage and not to worry, but that's easier said than done!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->