8 weeks, brown discharge and light blood????

Peterparms

Reaction score
Hi,
Girlfriend is really worried so thought I would come on here and do a post to get some advise and give her some reassurance.

She has had brown discharge for the past week, went to the bathroom around 3pm and there was a little bit of blood, only when she wiped.

Has anyone else experienced this at 8 weeks? If so what was the outcome?
She is kind of freaking out, we have our first midwife appointment Sunday and ultrasound. Should we wait till then or get to a doctor/hospital ASAP?

I'm hoping someone can share similar experiences for reassurance. :hugs:

Is she having any pain?

If she's not having any pain I wouldn't be too worried, and I thought I'd mention it's really sweet of you to come on here and ask a question because she is concerned. That made me happy lol.

I had brown discharge in my first pregnancy about 8 weeks for a couple of days, with no pain. Everything was fine when i was scanned and i have a healthy 4 year old to show for it. I was told by the sonographer/doctor that some women can still have a slight bleed or showing at the times they would have got their period. Is she in any pain? Another friend on here had regular bleeds throughout her 1st pregnancy which was really concerning but everything was ok. Its good you have an appointment soon to check everything out, although if she ends up in pain or the bleeding gets heavier, or you just feel you want reassurance then you could seek an appointment sooner. I rang the local hospital maternity unit (uk, nhs) and they got me a scan within 5 hours. Wishing you both all the best

I had brown discharge in my first pregnancy about 8 weeks for a couple of days, with no pain. Everything was fine when i was scanned and i have a healthy 4 year old to show for it. I was told by the sonographer/doctor that some women can still have a slight bleed or showing at the times they would have got their period. Is she in any pain? Another friend on here had regular bleeds throughout her 1st pregnancy which was really concerning but everything was ok. Its good you have an appointment soon to check everything out, although if she ends up in pain or the bleeding gets heavier, or you just feel you want reassurance then you could seek an appointment sooner. I rang the local hospital maternity unit (uk, nhs) and they got me a scan within 5 hours. Wishing you both all the best

Hi, Nope there is no pain at all

I had brown discharge at 9 weeks too, and a bit of cramping. I had an emergency scan and it showed I had some bleeding from an area outside of the uterus, but the baby was fine. Hopefully all is well with your girlfriend, too. If she's still spotting, for peace of mind, maybe going to the hospital to get an ultrasound would be a good idea. If the spotting stops, she could try to take it easy until Sunday. i.e rest, keep feet up etc.

I'm probably not going to be hugely helpful here! But in my first pregnancy I had some bleeding and cramping around 11 weeks (not a lot at all) and everything was absolutely fine. They couldn't find a cause at all and my daughter is now a happy, healthy 4 year old.

My second pregnancy I started with brown spotting a day before the 9 week mark and on the 9 week mark, I had a lot of bleeding and a stabbing pain throughout the day. That pregnancy ended in miscarriage.

So from my experience, spotting is absolutely fine, especially if it is around the 4, 8 or 12 week marks. cramping around the 8-12 week mark is perfectly normal as the uterus is stretching.
The point at which to worry is when its bright red blood, and enough to need 1-2 sanitary pads, and when its more pain than cramping. The pain for me was terrible and had me bending over to just...breathe until it passed and I was taking painkillers all day.

I would say it is probably fine, but if you're in the UK, maybe phone NHS 111 for some reassurance. If she ends up in more pain, or has more blood, or passes clots or more solid bits of blood, then I would say either phone the local hospital pregnancy unit or just go to A and E and have a scan.

good luck. I hope everything is fine and you have a healthy baby in 7 months time :)

I'm probably not going to be hugely helpful here! But in my first pregnancy I had some bleeding and cramping around 11 weeks (not a lot at all) and everything was absolutely fine. They couldn't find a cause at all and my daughter is now a happy, healthy 4 year old.

My second pregnancy I started with brown spotting a day before the 9 week mark and on the 9 week mark, I had a lot of bleeding and a stabbing pain throughout the day. That pregnancy ended in miscarriage.

So from my experience, spotting is absolutely fine, especially if it is around the 4, 8 or 12 week marks. cramping around the 8-12 week mark is perfectly normal as the uterus is stretching.
The point at which to worry is when its bright red blood, and enough to need 1-2 sanitary pads, and when its more pain than cramping. The pain for me was terrible and had me bending over to just...breathe until it passed and I was taking painkillers all day.

I would say it is probably fine, but if you're in the UK, maybe phone NHS 111 for some reassurance. If she ends up in more pain, or has more blood, or passes clots or more solid bits of blood, then I would say either phone the local hospital pregnancy unit or just go to A and E and have a scan.

good luck. I hope everything is fine and you have a healthy baby in 7 months time :)

Hi, thanks for your time... No pain as of yet and the bleeding was only a tiny bit and has now stopped so fingers crossed we are all good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->