8 weeks - no heartbeat but tilted uterus

C

Chris7197

I had an early miscarriage on the 8th of February this year and decided to TTC straight after, I had a positive ovulation test on the 25th of February and found out I was pregnant a few weeks later.

Because I have had an ectopic pregnancy before I was sent for a transvaginal ultrasound on the 23rd of March when I was roughly 5-6 weeks and they saw an empty gestational sac. I went back 6 days later and they saw a yolk sac and they were very positive, and asked me to come back in 2 weeks. Well that was today and they saw a fetal pole but no heartbeat 😩 the fetus measured 6w 1d and they could see it on both an abdominal scan and a transvaginal scan. They've basically told me to expect to miscarry, I've got to go back in a weeks time to confirm but they're really not hopeful.

I do also have a very tilted uterus and it has made both internal and abdominal scans very difficult in the past, but despite this the doctor feels it's very likely the pregnancy isn't progressing.

Has anyone been through this and had a positive outcome? I've still got lots of pregnancy symptoms like feeling sick and sore boobs/nipples! I've also had no spotting/bleeding at all

Im so sorry. While I have been through this twice, I did not have positive outcomes. However, I’m hoping you have a positive outcome. It sounds like you did not have a period after your miscarriage. If that’s the case, maybe you’re not as far along as you thought. I’ll be following along as I hope and pray that you receive good news at your next scan.

Thank u 😊 I've been searching and I can see that a fetal pole measuring 6w 1d is about 1mm and sometimes doesn't have a heartbeat til it's about 4mm? But I guess the problem would be why it hasn't grown more in 2 weeks. If the baby did stop growing around 6w 1d, I had a scan then when I was 6w 4d which only showed a yolk sac and no fetal pole was visible at all! So it isn't really adding up to be honest 😟

What NoGreaterLove said, maybe you might not be as far along as you thought? My fingers are crossed for you, I really do hope things are different in a weeks time.
I don't want to give any false hope, but I understand early measurements are really off with a tilted uterus.

I'm really sorry all of this is happening though, it's gotta be really stressful :(

<3

I'm sorry and 2 weeks is a long time to wait. But maybe your not as fall along as you think. My doctors tried to tell me I was 7 weeks and 6 days along because of the whole 28 day cycle. But my cycles are 36-38 days. My Calculations were 6 weeks and 6 days. I went into the doctors the first time and there was only a empty sac. he said come back in, in 1 week. I did and we saw the Fetal pole and also saw the heartbeat. It was 111. He said it might of just started beating the day before and the fetal pole measured at 5 weeks and 6 days. So I was even a week off cause I ovuulated late.

Keep hope... You are Pregnant till Proven otherwise......

I don't know an awful lot but i got a heartbeat at 7 weeks.. and as far as i was aware that was quite early. Don't be disheartened, maybe it's just too soon. Fingers crossed for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->