8 weeks pregnant and sooooooooo confused!

juliew2561

Reaction score
Hi everyone

This is my first thread so I hope I am doing it right.

Please help, I am so confused!

I have recently found out that I am 8 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage 3 months ago. Last time it was doomed before the start. I had no symptoms other than tiredness and I had bleeding and went on to miscarry at 6 weeks. This time, I have had an early scan, and saw a sac with a yolk in. It also had a halo round which they said was good news. I have nausea, incredibly sore breasts, food aversions, constipation and a new found love for pineapple! But yesterday my symptoms stopped and it panicked me, but had no bleeding. Today I have symptoms again! It is so confusing! Do symptoms come and go in the early stages?

I have had cramping everyday for 3 weeks which I have been told is just my uterus stretching in preparation. But I worry when I cramp, and I worry when I dont, it messes with your head so much after experiencing a miscarriage!

I have another early scan next week where we should see a heart beat. I am so scared! We should have seen a heart beat last week but they said it could be that I am not as far along as I thought. That in itself is complicated as I know my LMP was 8 weeks ago. Is this because my cycle could be different and I conceived later than the average mid cycle estimate?

Who would have thought being preggers was so complicated and stressful. I am a walking wreck! Is anyone else going through the same?

Hi Julie,

I'm a newbie here too so hello :happydance:

I'm very sorry to hear about your miscarriage, but also congratulations on your current pregnancy! Luckily I have never had a miscarriage so I am unable to relate to that, but I completely know what you're going through wuth being a nervous wreck because I'm the same!! I believe i am about 4 weeks - havent even had my first Dr appointment yet though!! I am also experiencing cramping which is scary but everything that I have read says it's normal.

I know it's really hard to do, but try to stay positive! What will happen will happen, and worrying wont get either of us anywhere other than driving ourselves mental! :hissy:

Best of luck with your pregnancy xxx

Sorry to hear about your m/c..But welcome to BnB!!

Welcome to BnB!! Congrats on your pregnancy and sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Try not to worry to much about your LO right now, I know that is easier said than done.

Some women go through pregnancy and don't get sick at all, some sick all the time and some in between. So don't stress, I'm sure everything is ok.. keep us updated!

Hey,
1ST DAY ON HERE TODAY

So sorry to hear about your mc but BIG CONGRATS on your new pregnancy.
I've just had a :bfp: result from docs 2day & I am a nervous wreck too. Me n my BF are in shock as this was unplanned but now that baby's in there I a so worried about everything pains wind nausea. I'm sure we'll all be fine tho & stressing can't b good for the baby.

Stay positive!!! Keep posting & we'll all try n help!

:happydance:

What does BFP mean? I keep seeing it on this website and cant work it out.

Hiya,

Another newbie here too.
I'm pregnant with my 4th baby and all I can say is everyone is different, every pregnancy you have will be different and books only give you the scenarios, your pregnancy is unique to you.
There's lots of raging hormones in your body and cramps and soreness are part and parcel of the first trimester. I've never had a miscarriage so my condolences to you on that. :hugs: But previous experience is bound to make you anxious and stressed, but remember this isn't good for your growing bub. There will be days that you can handle the symptoms and feel better but all in all typically the second trimester is when most woman feel at their fittest and healtiest. For me food cravings didn't come until much later and the initial aches and cramps were bearable as they lasted no longer than 10 weeks. It's later on in pregnancy when my body lets me down due to a displaced pelvis which isn't the fun part.
Try focusing on the positives and do your upmost to relax.
Congrats on the pregnancy, I wish it happy ad healthy for you
:hug:

P.S. there's a listing for all of the abbreviations above, bnp from what I can make out is big fat positive

hiya hun , yes symptoms can come & go & its normal dont worry, Everyone has different sickness, some none at all & that is still normal too.
The cramping at early stages is the egg implanting in your uterus hun & can also come & go when your period would of been due. Depending how early your scan was you may not of seen the heartbeat hun, & yes sometimes you can ovulate later. The scan around 10wks onwards is better as baby is a little bigger & they can measure better too so giving you a better indication.

All sounds normal & fine so far hun, try relax & enjoy it . xxxx

Thanks for all your lovely comments, the support helps so much. I will let you know how Ties goes. :hug:

My heart goes out to you. We were expecting a September 2009 baby, and lost the baby when I was 3 months along. We just found out we are pregnant again, and already the worrying has started. It is going to be a long 9 months. :blush:

Of course talk to your doctor if you are worried, but symptoms do change from day to day. You will feel better some days, and other days perhaps not so much.

Good luck, I hope you have a happy healthy 9 months and beyond.

Thanks for the advice.

The only prob is, I feel like the doctors dont give a damn. They must see so many pregnant women every day they are like "yeah so, you are pregnant, just go home and get on with it"! To me it is the most major thing ever but I feel like the professionals just cant be bothered with me. I hope they will look after me a bit more when I have passed the 12 weeks!

That's really bad that you feel they don't seem to care. It's such a scary time for everyone they should b more understanding!! At least u know every1 on here will try their best to b supportive.

:hug:

I'm petrified right now & as my 1st midwife appt is not until wednesday i wish i could fast forward time or jus have a scan right this second & know that everything is ok.

:bfp: on 23.06.09 on home tester
:bfp: on 26.06.09 with doc's
around 5 weeks in i think.

To reply to the message above, one thing I have learnt is that you have to be patient in pregnancy. I am like you I want things now now now. I want to know everything. I want to meet midwife and have all the books. I think we all do it. I am not allowed to meet with the midwife until 10 weeks and it drives me mad! I had my last scan 2 weeks ago and just saw a sac with a yolk in, and they have made me wait another 2 weeks for a re scan which will be on Tues, and it seems to have taken forever! Its a slow process!!

Hope all goes well with the midwife. XX

PS The support on this website is amazing. The nurses docs and midwifes see people everyday so it is nothing to them, but it is so special and very important to us. I think its a genius website!

Hi everyone

This is my first thread so I hope I am doing it right.

Please help, I am so confused!

I have recently found out that I am 8 weeks pregnant after a miscarriage 3 months ago. Last time it was doomed before the start. I had no symptoms other than tiredness and I had bleeding and went on to miscarry at 6 weeks. This time, I have had an early scan, and saw a sac with a yolk in. It also had a halo round which they said was good news. I have nausea, incredibly sore breasts, food aversions, constipation and a new found love for pineapple! But yesterday my symptoms stopped and it panicked me, but had no bleeding. Today I have symptoms again! It is so confusing! Do symptoms come and go in the early stages?

I have had cramping everyday for 3 weeks which I have been told is just my uterus stretching in preparation. But I worry when I cramp, and I worry when I dont, it messes with your head so much after experiencing a miscarriage!

I have another early scan next week where we should see a heart beat. I am so scared! We should have seen a heart beat last week but they said it could be that I am not as far along as I thought. That in itself is complicated as I know my LMP was 8 weeks ago. Is this because my cycle could be different and I conceived later than the average mid cycle estimate?

Who would have thought being preggers was so complicated and stressful. I am a walking wreck! Is anyone else going through the same?

I asked my auntie and she said to me that her sympyoms did what yours are doing one day she would feel pregnant with every symptom going. Hope this helps. And sorry about the miscariage. Hope everything goes well with the baby.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->