8 weeks sickness gone?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by babypeanut25, Nov 20, 2011.

1. babypeanut25

babypeanut25 mama of 2 boys!

At about 8+3 i started to feel ms going away...should i be worried? I still get a bit on and off during the day but not nearly as bad as before. Mine started at about 3+1 and i know that because i was sick and thought i should test 4 days before my period. I just had a scan on wednesday and baby looked good. I was taking meds for the sickness but went all day today with it!?!?

Side note: I want to strangle my husband! He is NOT being considerate at all :growlmad: Im sure its part my emotions but SOMETIME! lol i want to scream and stomp my feet at him!

2. Lillerina

Lillerina Well-Known Member

I don't have an answer for you, but at 7+6, I am feeling the same way...I didn't take my Zofran today and my nausea isn't any worse than it is with the meds. I'm hoping that (a) it's not a fluke and the nausea will stay at bay, and (b) baby is ok.

3. intravenus

intravenus Well-Known Member

I can't tell you for sure its ok, but the exact same thing haooened to me at about the same time. I lost nausea, my boobs stopped being as firm, i was less tired and my super-human sense of smell dissappeared. I worried till 9 weeks then went to drs (after crying and wailing at my bf that it was all over again!!) dr almost appologised for another mc there and then, but booked me in for a (2nd) early scan. so at 9+1 the day of the scan I woke up.. cleaned my teeth and was sick (for the first time... think lo is playing games with me ) and scan showed a little wriggly kidney bean that gave us a wave and measured 9+6 not 9+1....
    Long story short, if your fretting, see Dr but in the meantime don't be taken in by the interweb which dictates all women loose symptoms at 11-12 weeks!!
    Good luck... keep us updated and best of luck:) x

4. intravenus

intravenus Well-Known Member

sorry... not good at short stories ;)

5. geordielass21

geordielass21 Well-Known Member

I second what Intravenus said - With my first I lost my symptoms, searched forums and noone provided me any comfort. Went to the midwife in tears and she arranged an early scan to calm me down really. All was ok and strong heartbeat.

This time my symptoms are different (i didnt have nausea last time) - but yesterday wasnt as bad as the day before, just mild and occaisional. am not worried, i know from hindsight this can be normal.

6. babypeanut25

babypeanut25 mama of 2 boys!

my boobs still hurt like CrAzY haha and my nose will hunt you down! :haha: Its just my ALL day sick feeling has gone. Im thinking im fine, just over worried.

7. nicole3108

nicole3108 Mom to 3

With my last son my ms went away almost completely around 8 weeks until maybe 10 weeks and then stayed until 2nd tri. I think it just comes and goes. Worrisome though! Not too long until your next one, that's exciting!

8. scottiejunior

scottiejunior Well-Known Member

I'm 10 weeks and for the last few weeks I've been very on and off! Some days I feel great and can actually eat and others just the faint smell of food or anything for that matter makes me feel sick! I think it's our body's having waves of hormones going thru them and I'm so excited for the time when it's more good days than bad x

9. shelle82uk

shelle82uk pregnant with number 4

Im 9 weeks and my sickness went a way all of a sudden 2 days ago. For the past few weeks ive had my head down the toliet and been really off my food. I read somewhere that the placenta begins to take over hormone production during these few weeks so symptoms can subside whilst hormone production is being regulated, and thats why nausea tends to diminish by the end of the first trimester.

10. InHisHands

InHisHands Well-Known Member

I have had mild m/s from 5 weeks to the end of my 7th week. Then it went away. I was really concerned something was wrong. But 1. im more tired than ever and have no energy and 2. my boobs are still swollen and only getting a slightly more bigger, not smaller. So i'm not symptomless. I also told my doctor about my concern and here they are really strict about letting you have extra scans... so i wasnt offered one, however i was offered a HCG level test. My test at 8 weeks came back with the number 137,450. Which is considered normal. Not too high (risk of down syndrom, molar, multiples) and not too low (risk of miscarriage). I feel so relieved. Going to your doctor with your concerns is about the best thing to do.