8 weeks - Ultra sound shown bleed behind gestational sac

MrsXYZ

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a bleed on Sat afternoon - which was bright red and a gush, which went through panty liner, underwear and onto jeans, so was a bit of a scare. Had an US this morning at the EPU and baby is growing nicely, seen the heartbeat! There was an area of 'bruising' behind the gestational sac, which i was told could bleed again or could re-absorb. Anyone else had this? More worried for the long term health of baby than anything else?

It sounds like a subchronic hematoma (excuse spelling) I had that with my first, but it absorbed and nothing to worry about at all. It's quite common, and nearly always absorbs and disappears later in pregnancy.

I've had very similar news, had a scan at EPU today after bleeding last week. All looks ok with baby and measuring a day ahead (9+3), the notes they gave me state 'a small area of bleeding measuring 2.6cm x 1.8cm' but that's it, couldn't really offer any further info/advice etc. Thankfully seeing my midwife tomorrow so going to ask her.
What specifically is a subchorionic hematoma? Is it a bleed in a specific place?
(Sorry to hijack your post OP, just also really interested!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->