If she usually goes to her own bed then tehre shouldnt be much of a problem. If you move her to her own room (which i think you should as shes almost 3) now then theres still another 7 months to get her used to it before LO3 comes along. + she wont think its her being pushed out just bc there is a new baby.

I don't know really but good luck to you!

I love co-sleeping but I don't think I'd do it again. I say that now... :rofl:

Im in a similar situation to you hun
I co-slept with my daughter (now 23 months) from birth till 18 months when she went into her own bed in her brothers room. She still gets up some nights and climbs in with us, which I dont really mind too much.
I still have my cotbed set up as bedside sleeper so she tends to end up in there. I know I should start taking her back to her own bed, but she screams and cries so loud if I try that she wakes her big brother and he gets upset too!
Im just going to see how it goes tbh (thankfully we have a kingsize bed)
I dont want her to feel pushed out either

She's old enough now for you to explain that when the baby comes she'll be a big sister and so she needs to sleep in the big girl bed as the baby will need to be really close to mummy. Ask her if she wants to practice now with the reassurance that she can come through to your bed if she really wants to. It's not really safe to co-sleep with a baby and an older child for the first 6 months or so.

I never co-slept with my first, but all the others seem to have loved to sleep with mama and dad.... hard to have any time to make kids! surprised I actually got a :bfp:

This one will have its own bed...I need my space! help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->