deleted

I would call your GP. I would assume that they wouldn't want anything to interfere with your cervix during pregnancy so they may put it off until after LO is here....same as if you have a smear due.

No harm in asking before you go hun! x

Normally here, they do a pap at the beginning of pregnancy. Is that what they are planning??

I wouldnt take the crevical cancer jab while pregnant, its too much the same area etc..

Personally I wouldn't have the cervical jab even if I was not pregnant and definately not now that I am pregnant. It's just one of those things that is so new it hasn't been tested enough....but that is just my opinion and I'm not a dr. If you are worried definately call and ask first.

i wouldnt have any vaccine whilst pregnant. the vaccine is relatively new 2 so i bet they havent done an in depth study as 2 the effects in pregnancy. wait til u have given birth.

I found out I was pregnant just before I was supposed to have my 2nd injection. I just cancelled mine without bothering to check if it would be safe (mainly because I didn't want anyone knowing I was pregnant at that stage).
Phoning the doctor and asking about it seems like the best option... Or you could just go for the jab and ask while you're there... I'm sure with the first injection they asked me if there was any chance I could be pregnant before they injected me, so they'd probably ask you if you could be pregnant before they inject you... then they'll either do it if it's safe or not do it if it's not or something. x

Wait a second... I keep seeing comments of "It's the same are" and "It messes with the cervix." Do they inject the vaccine into your cervix? I'm confused by these comments.

I mean, not that it matters to me. I'm too old for the vaccine and have already developed my own immunity "naturally". Just curious.

I've had two of these so far and each time the nurse has asked me in a firm voice " ..and you're definatly not pregnant?" so I definatly wouldn't have it done hunni!!

X

Wait a second... I keep seeing comments of "It's the same are" and "It messes with the cervix." Do they inject the vaccine into your cervix? I'm confused by these comments.

I mean, not that it matters to me. I'm too old for the vaccine and have already developed my own immunity "naturally". Just curious.
Nopes, they inject it into your arm...

Nopes, they inject it into your arm...
Then I don't see how it affects the cervix... that's not how viral vaccinations work.

Obviously, no matter the vaccine, I would discuss it with my doctor extensively.

well its a vaccine against cervical cancer... so its cervix thats affected.. the things IN the vaccine.. hard to explain, ill try find a link.

HPV doesn't live in the cervix. It lives in the blood. It's a system-wide virus, just like any other. The virus affects the cells of the cervix but the vaccine works on the whole body to develop antibodies to fight it... just like any other vaccine. Just like when you get a flu shot, it doesn't affect your lung tissue or when you get a small pox vaccine it doesn't affect your skin.

Edited to add: According to the Mayo Clinic and the National Cervical Cancer Campaign (US), while the vaccine isn't recommended during pregnancy (due to lack of research) the cases so far have shown absolutely no effect on the baby or the pregnancy in general.

I found this 'It is not known whether the drug will be safe for use during pregnancy. Certainly, no pregnant woman should consider having it at present.'

Deffo talk to your doctor about, you could always say you were ill to your Mum so werent allowed it x

Sarah can i ask how come your able to get one? Because its new and they are only doing school aged kids atm.. I would get it after LO is born but it will cost me £400!!

Actually forget i asked! checked your profile and your 16 so of course you get offered it! answered my own q! lol!

I had to sign a form when I got it saying that I wasn't pregnant and wasn't planning to TTC within 3 months.... They don't recommend it for pregnant women.

I was hoping I was pregnant for the medical exam (it was for my GC) because I didn't want the jab :blush:

xx

Orite, its diff all over really, i know in montreal the girls have already had it, my sisters had the first one out of the three, and she got it at school, they are just doing all 1st-6th years i think.. shes 16 anyway.

They ask you at the beginning a series of questions one being is there a possibility that you're pregnant. They won't give it to you if you are. They wait until next year and send you something out for then. x

I always thought you could only be vaccinated against cervical cancer if you werent sexually active and that was why they give the vaccine out to 12 and 13 year olds? Thats the way it is in ireland as far as i know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->