I'm crap with the dentist. Terrified. I hadnt had a check up in over a year so I went a few weeks ago, and had to have a filling re-filled.
I was totally crapping myself!
As it turned out, it didnt hurt a bit! phew.

I can remember years ago having to have a tooth out, and I was totally out of it. I think I had an injection in my hand? Cant be sure.

Mine are a nightmare. I had one removed at Dental hospital as it had grown into jawbone. They couldn't remove it and was minutes from being put under when chief surgeon finally got it out by cutting through my jaw. The bruising was quite something else! I had to go back every 2 days to have it cleaned as I had such a big infection. It never seemed to heal properly and I kept insisting I could feel something with my tongue. About 2 months later, while drunk, I pulled a piece of bone out the hole with tweezers! It healed up finally within the week!

Have another 2 that desperately need to come out as they have broken the gum but are too impacted to come through but I am refusing to go in for the op!

Eeek no this is bad I need to get mine out soon :shock:

I feel for you! I have had all 4 removed, ended up with 4 dry sockets:nope: Worst pain ever and the clove stuff they put in to help :sick: Also bottom left whole refused to heal until eventually some left over bone/tooth came out! Eek probably not helping:dohh: Now its great not having wisdom teeth discomfort:thumbup:

I had all 4 removed the same day.. I was eating a McChicken sandwich from McDonald's an hour afterward (also ate right before I went in too).. I had zero problems, only took pain killers for 2 days. I hate the dentist, but getting my wisdom teeth taken out was easier on me than a regular cleaning..

I had all four done at once and had no problems at all. :thumbup:

Scary stuff some of these stories! I am meant to be getting a wisdom tooth out at some point! Im not that bad with dentist, but he thought of getting a tooth pulled out is horrible!

On a separate note, Doctor Daddy, I remember you, and I cant believe your girls are almost 20 months!

I had all 4 out they put an injection in my hand and i was away with the fairies i don't even remember getting home i just woke up in bed fully dressed in a puddle of red dribble :sick: I didn't have any pain after but my hubby had 1 of his out and it had grown into his jaw and he was in serious pain and it grew back and he had to have it removed again!

I had two taken out last week and have to have another wisdom tooth out next month.
Iv actualy been fine with mine no pain at all (and a hell of alot less pain then they where causing)
I did have a bit of bruising come up a day or so later but that was it.
My friend was in agony weeks after hers

I had 3 taken out at the same time. I was in a bit of pain for a few days but the bruising and swelling was awful.

I had one taken out just before Christmas. It was growing all weird and tearing the back of my mouth to shreds. The extraction itself was pretty painless but when the anesthetic wore off I vely like I'd been kicked in the face...repeatedly! Took a few days for the swelling and pain to go down but was right as rain then just in time to have Christmas dinner haha :) Need to have another out soon that's fully impacted :/ not gonna be fun!!

My top 2 have come through fine, but i have a bottom one that has broken the skin but is now causing mass amounts of pain, if it came all the way through then it would be side by side with my jaw bone at the back, does that mean it doesnt fit??? I hate my dentist he is horrible and really hurts me when i go for check ups infact i havent been for one in 3 years because of him so am scared to see him but there arnt any other nhs dentists in the surgery :(

I am 41 and got mine out in November. I hate the dentist and I was petrified of getting the local anesthesia , but they gave me the one where I am still awake just really out of it though :haha: I had 2 out and it was fine, after 2 days I was fine no pain. After about a week I started to have pain :shrug: I got nervous and went back and it was just healing . So about 3 weeks into it I was fine.
They were not impacted but my dentist actually said it is worse when they are not impacted? I asked why he said when they are impacted i do surgery and go in and get the whole tooth out when they are not impacted i just take it out but sometimes a little may be left behind which can cause a problem, i always thought if they were impacted it was more complicated. I had to sign a bunch of forms, it was ridiculous, you would think I was having major surgery.
It is scary but it goes fast and in most cases you are fine in a week.. :hugs::hugs:

I had 1 of mine out 3 weeks ago, sounds like I got lucky.
I have a lovely dentist, who knows just what he's doing and is very careful. He said it was actually a slightly harder / more difficult extraction than usual, but I can't say I noticed. Getting numbed up didn't bother me much, and the extraction itself took about 5 minutes of wriggling and pulling. I was surprised it came out when it did, I honestly thought it would feel horrible once the actually came out, but I didn't even notice until he said he was done. The trying to losing it is much worse than the extraction.

Bled for about 5 minutes, and that was it. No pain at all, not after the numbing wore off either. Rinsed with salt water several times a day and just followed the guide lines. No swelling, no bruising, no pain and no dry socket. 3 Weeks later I still haven't dared to look or touch the 'hole' with my tongue to see what it's like, but I'm completely used to it now and eat as normal again =)

Yowch.... :hugs: to all who have had problems!

I haven't had to have mine removed, but the pain from when they've caused bother (infecting the gums) it's been intense.

xx

I had one taken out. Didn't have any problems with it but an x-ray showed it was badly impacted. Took it out under local anesthetic (I was annoyed, I wanted laughing gas damnit) and that wasn't so bad but the pain afterwards was nasty. I had to phone the dentist and ask for a phone prescription for painkillers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->