8m follow up clinic appt brag..

nkbapbt

Double Preemie Momma
Reaction score
Lakai had his 8m Neonatal Follow up Clinic appointment today...and...

Lakai did indeed knock their socks off!! He scored so well on all his tests (cognitive, hearing, communication (understanding words), gross motor and fine motor) that they kept scoring him past his developmentally age, we will know in a few weeks how high he scored but not be a bragger head but they keep testing till the baby fails five things and he didn't fail anything!!!

He was doing things 1 year olds do!!!

He didn't score well on expressive communication because of his vocal cord issues, but they know that so that doesn't count per say.

He was so freakin' well behaved too, it was THREE loooong hours of testing, poking and prodding. He didn't even cry or behave scared during the hearing test which SCARED me. LOL They would make these sounds and then a lit box with a crazy clapping panda would start clapping out of no where. I jumped like umpteen times!

They also said its very unlikely with his symmetry and his development that there should ever be an issue of CP...yes yes yes!

Because we have five things that could cause CP, the main one being his Grade IV brain bleed.

I am just so proud of him, it's impossible to explain properly. I feel badly because I thought they might find something, something Ive missed. I kept waiting for the bad news..but they didn't have any!

They actually said there is no actual reason for infant development to come to our house even, but they should just to visit anyways.

I can't believe how far my little man has come and this may sound bad, but his birthday is just all that more special now. No grey clouds hanging over head...I love it!!

Plus he showed off his pincher grasp by eating two Cheerios for the first time!!

Also he had a feeding study a few weeks ago and he is able now to eat thickened purees and finger foods!!

And on Nov 2 he will be a YEAR old!! :happydance:

Well done Lakai, that is so good to hear after everything he has been through. I don't blame you for being so so proud! Our premature babies continue to amaze us...

His birthday will be a huge celebration!!! I'll drink to that!

Thats fantastic! you must be very proud!! and yes that 1st birthday will be one huge celebration :thumbup:
I have a cousin that was born at 26 weeks and went through so much, now she is 3 and can read like a 6 year old! :D x

YEAHHHHHHHH! thats fab news! no wonder you are so pleased:happydance:
Well done Lakai:thumbup:

I looooooooooove these sort of threads-it sees to make our babies seem even more special!!

WELL DONE LAKAI on passing your tests with flying colours-you've come so far and done so well!

Roll on the fabulous birthday celebrations :cloud9:

well done Lakai thats AMAZING, thats all the love and support he gets from mommy and daddy Nic, you must be on :cloud9: roll on the birthday celebrations xxxx only 5 more sleeps to go!

Well done Lakai, that is absolutely amazing!! :D Keep up the good work little one and have a brilliant Birthday, you deserve it!

He is soooo clever! Love hearing how he is doing, well done Lakai! :happydance:

So we got the assessment back....he is developmentally at 10 months of age across the boards!!! TWO months ahead!!

We are so pleased. It's so hard to explain how I feel about it, but I just know you ladies understand. Its amazing that these little babies can have such a rough go at the beginning and all come out such shining little stars.

I just can't get over it.

So we got the assessment back....he is developmentally at 10 months of age across the boards!!! TWO months ahead!!

We are so pleased. It's so hard to explain how I feel about it, but I just know you ladies understand. Its amazing that these little babies can have such a rough go at the beginning and all come out such shining little stars.

I just can't get over it.
Thats fab news hun, he is doing amazingly!

Two months that is amazing considering the original prognosis. I guess they can never predict what our little ones will do...well done Lakai!

Two months that is amazing considering the original prognosis. I guess they can never predict what our little ones will do...well done Lakai!

No they certainly cannot....it sort of makes me sick to my stomach thinking about the talk they gave us....about our choices, do everything to save him, give him pain aid and let him pass away naturally or just do nothing...

And again when they found his brain bleed...I mean how many babies who could have had the same outcome are let go?
:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->