8w 5 days - pink discharge when I wipe- should I be worried? -UPDATE

vitriolic_vix

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

As per the title. I'm panicking a little if I'm honest. I had a horrible pregnancy last time and bled a lot but not in the first trimester. I know it's quite common but cant help but feel worried. :cry:

I've called the early pregnancy unit who said I need to see my gp. Have made an appointment for later today. The midwife said I should ask to be seen if I had any problems as I only have one tube following surgery last year.

Has anyone has this and everything been ok

UPDATE - I've just been to the EPU for a scan and baby is fine. I got quite emotional when I saw its little heart flickering away :cloud9: heck there is actually a baby there. I'm going to be a mummy of 2 :cloud9: They used it as my dating scan and put be back from 9 weeks to 8 weeks 5 days. Thanks everyone :flower:

Oh, I wouldn't worry. I get spotting all the way through the first trimester and into the second. It happens if I push to poop (I spot pink or red the day after pushing or even 2 days later!). It also happens from sex. The cervix is very sensitive in early pregnancy, and my cervix gets more sensitive with every pregnancy, so I spot/bleed more with each baby. Sometimes, I spot for seemingly no reason.. Maybe I coughed too much or lifted too much? Who knows? But I've got 4 perfect babies and spotted through much of three of the pregnancies. Actually, I just wiped pink when I peed a few minutes ago because I pooped last night. TMI, but I hope it calms you.

I'm 8 weeks 4 days and having this right now, I'm currently sitting in the ER to be seen for it :( good luck!

Thanks ladies. I've been to the doctors and she has referred me to the early pregnancy unit for a scan first thing on Friday morning. I've got some period type cramps and just feel like I'm about to come on so she thought I should go just to be on the safe side. It could just be that I overdid it yesterday but I'm fretting nevertheless so I'm glad that I'm being seen this week to ease my mind. As it's still early I've not seen a heartbeat or anything yet so that will help I think.

May have you been seen yet???

I am having spotting like this for over a month now... it comes and goes. My scan at 8w4d was fine after two weeks of spotting. Now, I just try not to worry and wait for my next scan next week.
spotting is pretty common at this point. unless it turns heavy like a period with clots and cramps, most cases you should be ok.

I had a bleed at 8 weeks, not loads but covering the tissue when I wiped and a bit on the pad, it was sort of pinky red. Had a scan and all was fine, just a little pocket of blood in my uterine lining that they said was very common. There are lots of reasons why spotting happens early. The other main one is a delicate cervix. I hope your scan is lovely, try to relax and get some extra rest x

I was seen and they used a handheld crappy ultrasound thing.. they were quite sure they saw the heartbeat but I have an appointment for an ultrasound tomorrow. I got home and tried my doppler (been hearing heartbeat for 3 days now with my Sonoline B) and got the heartbeat right away, 178-180, thank god! I honestly think I may have had a subchronic hemorage.. right now theres nothing else but untill about an hour ago it was still pink when i would wipe..but only when i wipe.

Awesome news! my scan went great too... but i have a bit more spotting this morning, just a little brown.. has it stopped for you?

Awesome news! my scan went great too... but i have a bit more spotting this morning, just a little brown.. has it stopped for you?
Glad yours went well too May! Did they say what had caused your bleeding? They couldn't find anything to cause mine. Just one of those things I suppose. Feel like I can relax a bit now though at least.

Do you have to back or anything

Pic attached too!

Attachments

• IMG_5436.jpg
    IMG_5436.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 4
They could see a very very tiny "suspected" hematoma at the bottom of my uterus.. they said everything should be fine and its not something they are concerned about because its so small.

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back