8yr old growing up too fast! Puberty already!

Hey ya, glad to hear my dd is not alone!

Shes 10 and the last year shes been having to shave under her arms she also has hair down there and has to deod everyday (much to her annoyance) she has not started her periods yet but then I was about 13 so on the later scale. Her mood swings are quite something as well, they can carry on for hours and also be quite violent. We did consider taking her to the docs but I think its just the hormones.:nope:

When I was 10 I was still playing with dolls, not having to worry about all that.

However I did get a great book that explains everything about puberty for girls and boys shes now alot more at ease with it all but still it doesnt seem fair somehow!!

My step daughter is 8 and has already had her first two periods, and one breast starting to grow (the other is just starting to swell a lil bit now). No hair yet though. We had a puberty chat when her first period started a couple months ago.

Ugh, and the mood swings!! Her childhood is gonna meld with the teenage angst.... :(

I was 10 years old when I started my period, and having armpit and pubic hairs.

My 8 year old daughter got her first period on June 29th and she says she has some hair down there. I told her everything she asked about it and i guess its just happening rally early for girls now a days.

Thanks to this thread, and a couple others like it, I decided to have a chat with my SD. She's going to be 8 in November.

I couldn't figure out how to bring it up tho....til the other day when she was watching me take a shower with the baby and asked what made women have hair 'down there.' It's been a while since I shaved haha.

So we had 'the chat.'

Unfortunately she thinks it sounds cool and wants it to happen when she's 8 not later. :( I tried to explain that it's scary and it's not how girls were intended to have it, not this early, but it's thanks to people messing with our food that it's happening and little girls bodies aren't ready for this when they start. She still thinks it sounds cool.

....oh well. She'll figure it out I suppose.

it's not just hormones in food/water that are responsible for earlier puberty but the quality of our lives - especially the diets we eat in terms of healthiness etc - a poor diet and the first thing to go is a period so it makes sense that as we all live much "better" lives now, things like this happen earlier

it's a complete arse isn't it :haha: here, as a reward for living "better" healthier lives have puberty much earlier

hardly seems fair does it :D

My sister started her periods and her breasts started developing when she was 8, I just feel sorry that they have to worry about this when they're so young. I didn't start developing breasts until I was 12 and didn't get my period until I was 13 or 14. My mum had 'the talk' with me when I was about 9 and I'd been eagerly anticipating my period, not really worth getting excited about though! :dohh:

Well, my SD lost a tooth last night. It doesn't seem right somehow that she is losing teeth and having to worry about puberty all at the same time. Like there's a weird time warp or something.

Well, my SD lost a tooth last night. It doesn't seem right somehow that she is losing teeth and having to worry about puberty all at the same time. Like there's a weird time warp or something.

It doesn't seem fair does it? :( I remember I used to pull my teeth out when they'd just got slightly wobbly, so I could get money from the tooth fairy, what an odd child I was ><

It doesn't seem fair does it? :( I remember I used to pull my teeth out when they'd just got slightly wobbly, so I could get money from the tooth fairy, what an odd child I was ><

Haha she's been trying to do that for 2 months. It just wouldn't come out. Then she was playing with a bouncy ball last night and it hit her in the face and knocked her tooth out.

I didn't even believe her at first cuz that damn tooth is all I've heard about for months! :dohh: Oops!

It certainly does seem like puberty is hitting earlier and earlier these days. My Mum started her period at 15, I started at 10 and my sister at 12. I was wearing a 32B bra at the age of 12. Hair below & under arms started around 11 I am pretty sure.

I babysat a girl not too long ago who had already started her period,... she was only 7 :nope: I went for my first shift and her mother was explaining that she had started the night before and hadn't really understood what was going on :(

my daughter will be 11 in september and she started her cycle dec 2010. i noticed when she was 8 that she was a little more musty ekkk... and in the past 2 years she has gained weight of course primarly in the buns, hips and the bb areas. for some reason she likes to steal my razors and shave all hair on her body including pub hairs. it makes me upset because she will do this when my soon to be 5 year old is eyes boogled out her head looking. i started my cycle at 10 and my younger niece was 8. i think its all crazy... her mouth is louder, her tongue is more snappy and im just lil oh wow. i had her when i was 17 and so i might be a little more lenient although my mom was 50 when i was turning 11.. i just dont want a crazy teen on my hands :nope:

I started puberty very young, i was 8 when i got my period and hair started growing when i was around 9. my neice is six and if she didnt have blonde hair you would be able to see the hair on her legs

I had pubic hair, a lot coming in by the time I was 9 and budding breasts by then, and full on C cups by the time I was in the 6th grade.(age 11)
I was absolutely horrified and was teased a lot.
It sounds like you are doing well with it. She is lucky to have a mother like you to take care of her.

Tonight, my daughter came to me with a concern. A long hair "coming out of her pee". I thought she just had a hair stuck in a skin fold, BUT it was pubic hair. It is about an inch long and she noticed it because it sticks straight out! She wanted to pull it out or cut it and I tried to explain that we just will leave it alone and over time there will be more. I had to have a brief puberty talk with her. Last month at her check up her doctor told me girls are going through puerty a lot earlier these days...and I guess she was right.

I think I was closer to 10 when I needed a training bra, and started to notice hair. Is anyone elses young daughter going through this a bit early?

I was 9 when I needed a bra, 10 when I started growing hair and 11 when my period started. I expected either of my daughter's to start on the early side but never expected to hear this week that my 4 year old daughter is already going through it. She's got breast buds and dark leg hair, so I'm dreading having to try to explain to her in the next year or two why she's bleeding every month. The biggest challenge will be trying to explain to her in terms that her 2.5 year old mind will understand. (She is a special needs child)

Her geneticist explained that it is likely due to her condition(which we don't know what it is yet) and is referring her to an endocrinologist.

Tonight, my daughter came to me with a concern. A long hair "coming out of her pee". I thought she just had a hair stuck in a skin fold, BUT it was pubic hair. It is about an inch long and she noticed it because it sticks straight out! She wanted to pull it out or cut it and I tried to explain that we just will leave it alone and over time there will be more. I had to have a brief puberty talk with her. Last month at her check up her doctor told me girls are going through puerty a lot earlier these days...and I guess she was right.

I think I was closer to 10 when I needed a training bra, and started to notice hair. Is anyone elses young daughter going through this a bit early?

I was 9 when I needed a bra, 10 when I started growing hair and 11 when my period started. I expected either of my daughter's to start on the early side but never expected to hear this week that my 4 year old daughter is already going through it. She's got breast buds and dark leg hair, so I'm dreading having to try to explain to her in the next year or two why she's bleeding every month. The biggest challenge will be trying to explain to her in terms that her 2.5 year old mind will understand. (She is a special needs child)

Her geneticist explained that it is likely due to her condition(which we don't know what it is yet) and is referring her to an endocrinologist.

I have heard there is something you can give a child to slow the process. Maybe that is an option. However I didn't consider it because at age 8 it is considered normal for puberty to begin. Although it was scary to find this out I cant fully assume that it is unhealthy foods and added hormones to foods that are to blaim. Perhaps people are just changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->