9/10 week old's feeding & sleep schedule

LunarSpoon

Cautiously Expecting #2
Reaction score
Our son Finn is a few days over 9 weeks now and I'm curious to know if his eat/sleep schedule is relatively normal for his age. He is breastfed and just this last week has started going up to 3 hours between daytime feeds and occasionally
4 hours at night. He varies from every 2 to every 3 hours, and daytime he'll eat, we'll do a diaper change and play for 15-45 minutes, and then he'll typically nap (though not always.) At night we keep things lowkey from 10-6 (fewer lights on, less talking while he nurses, etc) and he'll usually wake up, eat/diaper change, and go right back down.

I have friends telling me their babies slept through the night by this point and seem incredulous that Finn does not. They all (4 of them) ended up FFing, so I wonder if thatmthat makes a difference? I would much rather get up multiple times in the night!

What is your LO's approximate schedule?

Thanks! :)

My son is 6 weeks old and was wondering too whether their sleep patterns change. He goes 2.5 hours between feeds, and sometimes (rarely) at night up to 4.

I'm used to it now, but it would be nice to have a longer stretch. I too have heard formula fed babies tend to sleep longer, but I'm not going to give formula just for that reason.

I think his schedule sounds great personally. Well done!

Formula is harder for babies to digest so keeps them fuller for longer which is why they generally sleep longer than a breast fed baby. My lo is 14 weeks and goes 2-3 hours in the daytime and the same at night. His first stretch of night sleep is the longest and is between 4-6 hours then 2 hourly after this.

Your lo sounds like he's doing great

Sounds fine! My almost 11 month old is nowhere near sleeping through, all babies are different!

My lo is now 11 weeks, he will go 5 hours in the day if I go out (he sleeps through the car journey abd the buggy ride) but other than that he eats every 3-4 hours. In an evening he tends to feed at 8 then 10 then sleeps 4 hours followed by 3 hours so ur pattern seems about rite to me

I'd love more than 4 hours sleep at once tho lol

Formula never made my first sleep through the night. She was even on the formula with added cereal in it for GERD . So realllly heavy! She was up every 2 hours.

I really think it depends on the baby. My second is a much better sleeper than my first! Thank god

I think that is the schedule we would be on if I didn't work. He tends to want to cluster feed when I'm home at night and on the weekends. But he does sleep through the night. He goes to bed about 9 and I wake him for a little feed before I leave for work at 5:30 and he usually goes back to sleep till about 8:30. He hasn't been napping well during the day- but we are trying him in his crib where it's more quiet and his sister isn't screaming next to him sleeping in his swing and he is doing really well. I LOVE the app I have on our phones and iPads as a video monitor. Technology is so amazing.

That sounds great to me! My 6 wk old still feeds EVERY hour all day with the exception of one or two longer naps she takes that stretches it to 2-3 hours. She will do one 3-4 hr chunk at night and then she's up every 1-2 hours for the rest of the night. So sounds like yours is doing great!

They are all so different. My breastfed 11 week old feeds every 2 to 3 hours during the day and then sleeps through from 8.30pm until about 7am. This has been the same for about the past month

They are different.. I have a friend who ebf but she believes in sleep training and crying it out.. I don't.. so her baby was sleeping through the night by 8 weeks. My dd just started sleeping 10 hrs at night without eating this past week (14 weeks old today). Before that she'd go 6-8 hrs at night. She's eaten every 4 hrs during the day pretty much consistently since 5 weeks, now she'll go about 5 hrs through the day. We also coslept up until she started sleeping longer this week, now when she falls asleep at her 8-8:30 feed I put her in her bed and she sleeps until 6-7 .. I still cosleep if she's particularly fussy or waking a lot, she settles immediately when next to me. I have also never gone off a "schedule" for her, just let her make her own schedule which she's done well, now I can pretty much set a watch by when she'll be hungry, when she'll nap, when she'll go to bed and when she'll wake up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->