9 Day Luteal Phase - Can't seem to extend Naturally!

greengerbera

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am hoping for some advice if possible??

Bit about Me:

I turned 40 last month and have been trying to conceive my 2nd child for nearly a year now without any success!

My first child was conceived on 1st go when I was 38 ( I know how lucky I was now) - so it is frustrating that I am stuggling 2nd time around.

I did fall pregnant in Dec but sadly lost my angel at 6 weeks naturally.

Since Miscarriage I have been monitoring my cycles with CB monitor and charting as well - where it came to light that my luteal phase is only 9 days every month - which from what I have read could be a problem?

With the help of this sites info - I hoped to rectify this naturally using B6 Complex 100mg (used for 2 months now) and progesterone cream after ovulation (1 months use)

I have seen no change whatsoever from these so far!!

So my questions are:

1) Am I being impatient - should I be giving it more time
2) Should I be looking at alternatives -
3) Do you think short luteal phase is a actual problem - are there any women who have been lucky enough to conceive?

I am trying to get a appointment with a FS - but my doc is being funny about that I must of tried for 1 year before she will refer me!

Many Thanks

How long have you had this short luteal phase?
If it's a recent thing then sadly it could point towards oncoming menopause, as 10 years before it actually happens your body will start changing.
Only reason I know this is my nan's cycles started getting short when she was in hr 40's and dr told her to expect menopause within next ten years.

Have you spoken to dr yet?

Forgot to say short luteal phase is an issue because timing is really important for implantation.
If your body hasn't had enough time for womb lining to become correct for pregnancy then egg will either implant badly and come away with early period or will not implant at all.
I watch way too many body programmes lol.

Many Thanks for responding

I have only been monitoring my cycles for the last 6 months - so don't know what my previous cycles were like! I have fairly short regular cycles 25/26 days with ovulation taking place between 16 and 17 day.

I hadn't even considered possible early menopause - but I suppose this could be a possibility.

I need to push to see a FS i think as soon as I can.

From my understanding, you should seek help after 6 months of ttc if you are 35 or over. It's only ttc for a year or longer if you are under 35.

I don't think you're being impatient (I've also been ttc for a year and my patience has left the building).

I think you should be a little more pushy and get some stronger progesterone. Maybe a prescription vaginal suppository, or even injectable if you're really interested in that.
I would go see a FS as well. . . I've made my appointment for August.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->