9 weeks....

might be a silly question hun is he on the hungry baby milk??
i dont think lactose intolerance is the problem archie has that and everytime he had a bottle of milk was sickly had bad bad bellyache and had explosive diorreah and bad dry skin
i didnt rate aptamil as a good milk tbh i found it thin...i think heinz nurture hes the highest cassien level(the stuff in the milk that fills them) of all the hungrier baby milks
it may be worth a try before you try the weaning

Well ive been really up the wall with his milk. I first had him on cow and gate and he was constipated with it. He also struggled to get wind up. So the HV told me to change it to the cow and gate easy digest and just see how he gets on. I changed him over but it made him worse. Because the milk was so thin it just wasnt filling him and he was taking 4oz every 2 hours. Then he came out in a rash and the HV said it looks like he's allergic to the milk and that i should take him to the doctors.
So i did and he said i should try aptimal because its the best milk out there. So now he's on that and although he's alot better he's still quite unsettled. He only poo's every few days but on the day he goes, he goes loads and because he's constipated he's really upset over it. Then come 6pm he screams the place down because he doesnt sleep through the day and is so tired. He takes a full 4oz bottle, sometimes even 5oz. He then falls asleep and then wakes every few hours just for another oz. I told the HV and she said the milk doesnt seem to be doing anything for him. Thats when she mentioned coming again in 3 weeks and introducing weaning.

I feel like a crap mum because i just dont know what to do or how to make it better for him. I thought the feeding part of motherhood would be the easiest but its so hard.

Are you offering cooled boiled water between feeds? That may help if he is constipated. If he is constipated on milk, I wonder if solids might be even worse for him?? His system is probably not mature enough yet to digest them.

If he's only taking 1oz when he wakes have you tried giving him a dummy instead when he wakes? If he's only taking 1oz I'd be inclined to think he's not hungry and just wanting comfort.

Was Roman quite small at birth? He might need to feed a bit more 'little and often' than bigger babies...

You are NOT a crap mum. Don't even go there! I was also surprised to have problems feeding in Ruby's first few weeks, i too thought it'd be easy :(

I too would suggest trying him with a bit of water, it does help with constipation.

Your not a crap mum. I've found feeding both milk and solids challenging, its not easy at all. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->