A Birth Story to Reassure all Overdue Induced Ladies :)

Bunnikins

Reaction score
I just wanted to post this because I remember feeling very scared and depressed about having to be induced, and hearing lots of "horror stories" about inductions being more intense/painful/long etc. This wasnt the case with me so just wanted to give people some reasurance they can be just great!

Il keep it brief.

8am - Rang labour ward as instructed by MW to check if any beds available (at 40weeks 13days). They said to come straight in whenever im ready as they werent busy

10am - Arrive at hospital. Im shown to my own room on labour ward, which is OK, very big with a bathroom and TV and the scary plastic incubator sat there making it all feel very real/scary!

11am - Waters are broken after a bit of a struggle and left for 2 hours to see whether it works.

11am-1pm - Watch TV, read magazines, go for a walk to cafe for a snack, get some lunch.

1pm - Nothings happened except lots of water leakage so hooked to monitor and pitocin drip. Do some ball bouncing.

3pm - Getting contractions every 5 mins or so now, that are FAIRLY uncomfortable but still OK, watching TV, texting, laughing.. all fine.

3-5pm - Bouncing on ball and walking, contractions gradually getting worse and closer together and i feel i could do with some help if this is to go on much longer (i had an epidural last time and wanted 1 again cos it was AMAZING last time suddenly being pain free!) So i press my "call midwife" button

5pm - Midwife says she will go and see if an anaesthetist is available. I am in pain with every contraction (about 2 mins apart now) but happy Im gonna get my beloved epidural hopefully :)

5.30pm - Midwife comes back in. Anaesthetist is on his way, she will just check how dilated i am first... Goes to check, babys head is about to be born! Tells me to push. 2 pushes later my baby is born! 7lb7oz and screaming.

10pm - Home with baby

It wasnt unbearable even though i had no pain relief whatsoever. and whats more it was QUICK! Only about 2.5 hours of actual discomfort!

The only downside was being attached to a machine, but i still had room to bounce on ball and walk a little bit. :thumbup:

Congratulations, what an amazing story. X

Great story and thanks for sharing!! I go in for an induction tomorrow evening and I'm a little nervous to be honest. I was really hoping baby would come on his own. Your story eases some of my fears :).

Congratulations! Amazing birth story. I'm anxious about getting induced but hearing your story made me feel better. Thank you :)

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->