A bit of a mess.

Tink_

Reaction score
Hey,

I've been TTC now for 13 months and so far, nothing. I'm finding myself feeling really low and quite isolated. There's not many people in real life who know or who take it seriously, I guess they just think it will happen when the time is right sort of thing.

Over the last 2 months my AF has gone from being regular - every 28 days - to now being between 21 and 25 days and one month I didn't ovulate. So no idea what's going on there!

I'm in the UK and not sure if my GP would help me yet or if I should just keep trying?

I found out today a close friend is pregnant and whilst I'm super happy for her, a bit of me is so jealous which makes me feel super guilty. Blah, sucky feelings!

It varies by area when a GP would help you but I think it would be worth contacting them, especially as your cycles have changed. If they say no then at least they should be able to tell you when to come back and that will give you a focus.

Definitely talk to your doc to get referred for tests etc at gyno. I waited 2 years before going to docs & when i went he told me i could've come after actively ttc for a year & i think it's 6 months if your over 35. I'm glad i went as got tests etc & only needed clomid which helped me conceive ds but pnly regret is wasting a whole extra year. Just say you been trying for a year & half

Good luck hang in there best thing is to get checked so you can the appropriate help x

Thank you ladies :)

I've booked an appointment for the 4th of September which is the earliest there was with my GP so hopefully she'll be able to help then or at least give me an idea of when she can look in to a bit more.

xx

I have been TTC for 13 months as well, and totally understand your pain. Everyone asks us when we are gonna have kids, they expect it will be so easy for us and don't understand why we "haven't tried" yet.

I have already been to the doctor and had some basic tests done and ultrasound - everything looks okay. And my husband just did his semen analysis today and we are anxious for the results. If those come back normal the next step for us is to find a better doctor that will do more testing for me and actually check my hormones and maybe do something like an HSG.

It sounds like you might have a luteal phase defect with your cycles being so short. You might want to try taking a B complex vitamin - will help with progesterone production and lengthen the luteal phase. You might want to try charting your BBT to figure out how long your luteal phase is exactly.

i dont know your full story and what you have tried etc but it took us 7 months to fall with my first baby, the 7th month i used preseed for the first time and boom.

my other friend said vit b12 helped her shed been ttc for years failed ivf and all sorts and 2 months using vitamin b12 she fell pregnant.

dont lose hope there are many solutions you can try first xx Good luck xx

Hi sweet,
OH and I have been trying for over a year (with a short break) and eventually went to see our doctor for help and she's running blood tests and stuff to make sure everything's okay; so it's definitely worth talking to yours (although wow September is a wait - I thought our surgery was bad for waiting times!)

Fingers crossed for good news for you :flower:

Thank you for all your replies, I really appreciate it. I think I'd found myself very isolated with TTC so it's been great to come back on here and be able to chat!

I hope you all have luck soon in TTC! It can be so difficult.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->