a bit poorly!

southernbelle

Pregnant - 3rd trimester
Reaction score
So, ive got an emergency appointment with a doctor today- im so going to feel silly if its nothing- BUT this happened a few weeks ago and now again! And by the way im almost 35 weeks pregnant!

I woke up in the night with a horrendous sore throat- that nothing seems to ease it but drinking slushes (and its freezing outside!), then about a day or two later i get this cough- and right away its really phlegmy and i bring up tons of it in lovely bright yellowy green colours (sorry TMI) and then right after my throat clears up and i lose my voice- wel most of it anyway, then after a few days it seems to clear up on its own including yucky cough- but 3 weeks passed and the EXACT same thing has happened!

Problem is i do have asthma- but its only triggered by animals, allergies or colds, so ive been religiously taking it, and i hate coughing- because i end up running to the bathroom and near gagging sometimes actually making myself sick (NOT ON PURPOSE!) trying to expel it all and almost weeing myself! Its so not funny! My chest doesnt really HURT but it sounds like ive got a nasty smokers cough (and i dont smoke!) :cry:

Am i being silly making an appointment with the doctor- the next available routine appointment wasnt till friday which is why i chose the emergency sit and wait one- i just hope im not wasting their time!

No youre not being silly.That sounds horrid!It definitely sounds worth checking out,especially as youre pregnant.I hope the appointment goes well,let us know x

Well been to see the doctor... NO MORE TALKING FOR ME (and its my favorite pasttime!) ive got laryngitis caused by a bacterial infection (which means when i got it last time- the infection never really went away... just lay dorment for a bit...) So i am on strict orders to whisper only or use paper... and the very very nice doctor gave me 5 days of antibiotics so hopefully it will shift so i dont get it again! :)

Sounds nasty! Hope you feel better soon, now you have your antibiotics!:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->