• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A bit stressed...

kintenda

Reaction score
Can't sleep!! Argh!
It's 3.27am. I keep thinking about the wedding. Not stressed about many things as fortunately I have been quite organised, but there are two things that are upsetting me lately.

1. The church has still not confirmed who our vicar will be. The normal vicar is on holiday over our wedding and the other one is off having chemo, has been off for nearly a year and doesn't look as though she will be coming back in the near future. I am (for obvious reasons!) not annoyed with them - but I am feeling exceedingly irritated with the clerk. I have spoken to her numerous times and she says they will sort something out - one of my mum's friends is a vicar up country and he says that they now have a legal obligation to find someone to marry us - but I am getting a bit upset over the fact that they still haven't confirmed anyone. The other person that they suggested to do it has another wedding that day, they didn't think to check :dohh:... whilst I know it'll prob be fine, I am just having that mad OCD moment where I think 'what if it isn't sorted? what if we have to find somewhere else?'

I will seriously kick arse if they don't sort it out in the next month, holy people of God or not, I am gonna ring her tommorrow...

2. My dad ('sperm donor' probably a more accurate term) has STILL not ordered his suit from the hire place. He has had the specifications since last August, when the other lads and OH ordered their suits. Dragging his heels. He has let me down so many times in the past and I am so scared that he is going to do it again. He is always full of excuses and I keep giving him more and more chances. My mum and family friends (who have known him for years) think that I should have kicked him out of the whole thing ages ago, but I am thinking that I should ring him at the weekend and give him a deadline to do it. If he hasn't done it within say 7 days of the phonecall then he forfits his role in the wedding. Does that sound fair or too harsh? All is is doing is walking me down the aisle. My stepdad is doing the rest of the day - speeches and we're also having a dance together - he has been a real dad to me for the past 14 years.

Sorry. I know this post is a bit self indulgent. I don't normally do this, but since it's now 3.37am I am tired, pre-menstrual and emotionally a bit knackered. Would appreciate hugs and advice if anyone has any going. xx

big :hugs: hun, i think i have to agree with your idea, give him the deadline and if he doesnt sort it by then, then just leave him out, it sounds as though he has no interest in your big from this side hunni, hope you get it all sorted soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->