a bit terrified now...

overcomer79

LT-TTC success 3.5yrs
Reaction score
My last pregnancy was wonderful. It was until I hit 35 weeks anyway. To make a long story short, I was almost readmitted to the hospital for the first week of my son's life. First it was my blood pressure. Then when my son was a week old, we discovered that my lungs were filling with fluid. I had difficulty breathing after being released from the hospital but because I didn't like the dr on call, I chose to wait until tuesday when I went in for a bp check (before you slay me for that, I realize I was wrong). My realization came yesterday when I realized that I could have stopped breathing in my sleep and not wake up. We ignored the warning signs and thought everything was "normal".

I did ask at an appt what were my chances of my next pregnancy being like this and was told "very likely but because we know you are prone to such problems, we can prevent them".

I even had someone to tell me that if I was scared of this, then perhaps I shouldn't have another one. I am just beside myself right now. That was said to me a few months ago when we were talking about trying for number two.

I'm just lost right now :cry:

Like the doctor told you, because you've had these problems before then they'll look out for anything similar and try to prevent it from happening.

I think it was a bit mean of whoever told you that you shouldn't be trying because you're afraid. I think you're very brave, after having a hard time before and still willing to do it again for your LO.

Like the doctor told you, because you've had these problems before then they'll look out for anything similar and try to prevent it from happening.

I think it was a bit mean of whoever told you that you shouldn't be trying because you're afraid. I think you're very brave, after having a hard time before and still willing to do it again for your LO.

Thank you. I will be pushing for an early induction. Especially if I start snoring so loud that DH can't sleep...even on a different level :haha:

Thank you. I will be pushing for an early induction. Especially if I start snoring so loud that DH can't sleep...even on a different level :haha:

Haha @ the snoring part.
It's scary, but I'm sure once you tell your doctor about your concerns they'll do their best to reassure you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->