a bit upset over birth confusion-anyone else?

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
to cut a long story short, I had my little girl at 32+5 in January 2009 due to severe pre eclampsia. we both nearly lost our lives so for that I'm thankful-she's amazing. she is turning 3 on Monday and, like every other birthday, i got out her baby book this evening to pore over...

to my horror, iv just noticed that the baby tags from her Incubator and wrists both say different time of birth and weight to what iv been told!

I was told she weighed 2lb 4oz and was born at 12.52, yet her tags say 2lb 7oz and born at 12.56! I was under general anesthetic when she arrived so I'll never know the truth-but (and I have no idea why, it was 3 years ago!) I'm really, really upset about it. I dunno....it's just really knocked me for 6.

can anyone put my mind at rest? is anyone else in the same position? x

Aw that's a shame u have conflicting times and weights.

There's not much between the two but I understand ur pain in not knowing ur babies exact time and weight and being unsure.

If it was me I would take the one that's written down to be the correct one?

Did u not get notes? I've got my little girls records that has everything about her birth and time in nicu.

nope, I didn't get any notes... I have absolutley no idea why it's bothered so much either! I think it's because it's her birthday and I'm emotional-haha.
I don't know if i can just disregard what iv been told after her birth though either, I feel like its really important to me, maybe because it's the first thing I remember hearing. Urgh, it's one thing after another! these prems are so testing!

thanks for your reply Kelly, much appreciated xx

There is a discrepancy in my daughters birth times on her incubator cards due to the discharge summary when she was transferred from one hospital to another. It's only a couple of minutes out but apart from noticing it I haven't really thought too much about it. I just go with what I was originally told because even if it is wrong it doesn't impact anything.

Birthdays are emotional times which probably makes it feel worse xx

Just guessing, but the discrepancy could be the difference between time of birth and time of admittance to NNICU, and similarly, they will have weighed her on the scales in labour ward which maybe Rent as accurate as NNICU scales.

Sorry this has upset you, this has not happened to me but a friend in the next incubator to me had this, I woild ask the hospital for the birth records and. Delivery report this should be the most accurate I would guess to put ur mind at rest xx

Awww Hun I know how important the little details can be. I often hope we were right with Alex's birth weight - anyone we spoke to said she was 2lb 4oz, all the nurses etc

After months of being home I was reading a story in a bliss magazine and someone was talking about weights and I realised Alex couldn't have been 2lb 4oz. We went back over everything and it translates to 2lb 14oz.

I think we are right. But we went for months announcing her weight etc and it was wrong :/

Amelia was born at 00:18 and for some reason her incubator card said 00:26 although her wrist bands said the right time. I got her notes to double check. It didnt really bother me though.

When I had my little boy they put his length down as 38 in some places and 30 in others. This really upset me because I will never know what he really was. I think they should take a bit more care with theses things as to us parents it really does matter.

Atomic pink, just out of curiosity why couldnt Alex have been 2lb 4oz? x

it was the conversation hun, she was 1.295kg. That converts to 2lb 14oz, and not 4oz xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->