a bit weird (clothes sizes)

isil

Reaction score
Alasdair is 75th percentile for his weight and above 75th for his height and he's almost 9 months old yet he still fits in a lot of his 3-6 month clothes. How strange is that? I'm not forcing him in. His trousers all fit perfectly and the majority of his tops do too. I'm confused.

I have a funny feeling Ellie will be in 3-6 for a while im still rolling the sleeves up on some tops!

Caitlyn's still in ALOT of her 3-6 :dohh:

Forgot I wasn't posting :dohh: Need to sign out!! Last post.

bloody hell, chloe is in 12-18 months now (8 months 3 weeks old!)

Mind you, she's way over taken Ally now- 95th for weight and 105th for height :dohh:

I find that clothes from some shops last longer than others- next and matalan seem to come up bigger than most, and for some reason tesco clothes are tiny

logan has only just gone into 3-6 month and still fits in some of his 0-3 clothes, clothes sizes are wierd. xx

Sometimes it just has all to do with the brand of clothes and sizes.

I know that Lola can actually still fit in her 0-3s in some clothes and then again just barely fits in her 3-6 in other.

connor is in 12-18 in most clothes but still fits onto some of his 6-9 month clothes too.
most of his clothes come from asda

Hannah's 3-6 fit the waist but for height she is in 9-12 and 12+ months!

Dec is mostly 18-24 but he still has a few 12-18 that still fit, I seem to have a bit of a problem with Next, Dec has some 12-18 jeans that fit his perfectly but he also has some 18-24 jeans that are shorter than the 12-18 !!!! same shop, same make so why the difference. All his tops are now 18-24 with a few 2 year ones.

Kathryn is mostly still in 9 month clothes, but some of her 12 month pants and onsies fit now too.

archie started wearing his 3-6 month clothes this week good job i got them out they only just fit hes onlly 8 weeks lol

so whilst I'm glad that other people are finding their kids fit different clothes it still doesn't explain it! Alasdair is a big boy, it's not like he's little! Today I found a (discarded) teeshirt in his room and thought it looked cute so put it on him. Only later did I realise it was a tescos newborn teeshirt! It's like he's going backwards or something. He went into 6-9 month clothes at 4 months and I'm sure he didn't fit into his 3-6 month stuff which is why I moved him up. Maybe he just really thinned out? But then the length thing! that confuses me. oh well, I guess at least he has clothes to wear!

I think so, and maybe the fact that he's feeding himself 100% of the time now so chooses what he needs and not what I think he needs! I get him weighed monthly (when I can be bothered) so maybe next wk will say something (eek they're 9 months next week Vickie and Amy!!!)

My baby is a big boy too like Ally.

In terms of kilograms he is off the scale the HV use.

To look at him he is big but not massive. So I think he is solidly built and has a heavy skeleton, which he would get from me because I am heavy in terms of kg but look slim. Does Alasdair look small/ med/ large?

My boy has also lost a bit of flab from round the tum recently. I can now get his trousers buttoned and he can wear some 9-12 trousers that were too tight for him a couple of weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->