A bump above my belly button?

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
This is my second pregnancy, and I'm showing quite early as well as being far more bloated with this pregnancy in general. I'm also eating more to keep away the 24/7 nausea, so I probably am piling on some pounds anyway.

Anywho, my ab muscles split quite far apart, and even after losing the weight from my first pregnancy my ab muscles still had a noticeable gap between them.

I can already feel the gap growing bigger, but the other day, I stood up, and noticed a lump just above my belly button, about a cm above it. It goes when I sit down?

Is this some kind of hernia or something? There's no pain right now.. but I'm scared when I get bigger the lump will get bigger, or become painful.

My 16th week midwife appointment is on Wednesday so I'm going to show her then!

Hi. It sounds like it may be a hernia, definitely have your midwife examine you. I had ab separation (diastasis recti) after my first pregnancy that my midwife missed at first, but I was able to get a proper diagnosis and have physical therapy to repair and strengthen my muscles. I’m hoping everything is strong enough this time around. Good luck. I really hope you get relief soon.

Did you manage to see the MW?

I did! As soon as I said it she was like that's common, and it's not painful so not a worry yet. Only if it is painful to press! I'm just worried it'll get worse the bigger I get, but fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->