A child's perspective

runawayface

Reaction score
It's funny, I've told so many people about my pregnancy at this point and gotten so many "congratulations" and all the expected reactions that it's funny to get a reaction that catches you off guard. My 8 year old cousin was told about the baby over the phone and she is super excited. Well, I saw her in person for the first time yesterday and she was SO HAPPY to see me until she got close enough to get a good look at me and then she just kinda stopped and looked confused and sad. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I thought you were gonna be big, but you're not... does that mean you're not having a baby anymore?" :laugh2: It's so easy to forget that little kids don't know enough about the subject and they have a whole different vision of pregnancy in their minds. I think she was expecting me to have a big ol' belly and be ready to pop! I had to explain to her that the baby is just really small right now and isn't taking up a lot of room but as it gets bigger, it will need more room and my belly will get bigger and bigger as the baby does. I just thought it was such a cute moment and had to share! Funny the way kids think it's supposed to work!

Lol, bless her. My daughter is also 8 and they do make you laugh. I was trying to explain to my daughter last week about my all day nausea and how I felt sick. She then panicked and asked if I was ti be sick wouldn't I throw raspberry up ( I told that the baby was about the size of a raspberry, lol ). So I replied and said no darling the baby is in my belly not my stomach, in which she replied are they not the same thing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->