A complete waste of time

cosmotbear

Expecting number 2 :-)
Reaction score
I had an appt at the hospital yesterday to see a registrar about the 34 week scan I had. (sonographer had raised concerns about abdominal growth of bubs) So I arrive on time at 3.45, antenatal was hellishly busy and incredibly hot. Time ticks by...... I ask twice about when I'll be seen. I was genuinely starting to feel unwell it was so warm in there. So AN HOUR AND A QUARTER LATER :growlmad: I throw the towel in and think sod it. I am not sitting here wasting my time, no one tells you anything and God knows how much longer it will be. I walk down the corridor to see the Community Midwifes to make and appt asap as I havent been seen since 34 weeks. Luckily my absolutely fave midwife is there, she is soooooo good!! She checks the scan, lets a doc see it in about 3 seconds of me being there and says everything is absolutely fine :happydance: and I should not be waiting in clinic! She makes an appt for me at the local children's centre on Monday and sends me home. The NHS is crap but there are some treasures buried in there. She is getting a BIG pressie from me after the baby comes! I got a follow up phone call last night asking why I hadn't turned up for my appt!! :rofl: I am soooo cross with the hospital but pleased all is okay with the little man.

Yay so pleased for you that baba is ok but soooo annoyed that you were left waiting all that time! x

So glad all is well with baby. I hate clinics - they never run on time and nobody ever tells you how long you'll be waiting when you first get there. I would be a lot more tolerent if they did that.

Glad LO is ok! But what a pain that you was left waiting that long! xx

Stupid people!!

Glad LO is ok though hon x x

i hate waiting in those places. I too have a scan today concerns about the lasck of weight im putting on but we just have good stomache muscles in our family.

been worried since friday tho family n friends are not impressed said theyre worrying me for no reason..

So please everything is ok with bubs :)

All of all what they said and why do they have to make them like a fricking furnace???! :hissy:

I'm very glad you got sorted out, it is such a relief when you are put in touch with one of the gems isn't it?! :hugs: Brill news about the little guy too.

Yep clinics are generally badly organised. I also find many health professionals do not listen to us at all. But the midwife at the hospital this morning was FANTASTIC. Like you say, there are some true treasures in the NHS. I wouldn't be without the NHS, I think it's great... just wish they'd get more support!!! I am going to drop in some form of official compliment to her dept. Makes all the difference when they actually listen and have communication skills!!! xx

Glad everythings ok! It's great when you get the really amazing midwives =) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->