A complete waste of time

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by cosmotbear, Oct 15, 2008.

1. cosmotbear

cosmotbear Expecting number 2 :-)

I had an appt at the hospital yesterday to see a registrar about the 34 week scan I had. (sonographer had raised concerns about abdominal growth of bubs) So I arrive on time at 3.45, antenatal was hellishly busy and incredibly hot. Time ticks by...... I ask twice about when I'll be seen. I was genuinely starting to feel unwell it was so warm in there. So AN HOUR AND A QUARTER LATER :growlmad: I throw the towel in and think sod it. I am not sitting here wasting my time, no one tells you anything and God knows how much longer it will be. I walk down the corridor to see the Community Midwifes to make and appt asap as I havent been seen since 34 weeks. Luckily my absolutely fave midwife is there, she is soooooo good!! She checks the scan, lets a doc see it in about 3 seconds of me being there and says everything is absolutely fine :happydance: and I should not be waiting in clinic! She makes an appt for me at the local children's centre on Monday and sends me home. The NHS is crap but there are some treasures buried in there. She is getting a BIG pressie from me after the baby comes! I got a follow up phone call last night asking why I hadn't turned up for my appt!! :rofl: I am soooo cross with the hospital but pleased all is okay with the little man.

2. Jem

Jem Mummy of 2

Yay so pleased for you that baba is ok but soooo annoyed that you were left waiting all that time! x

3. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

So glad all is well with baby. I hate clinics - they never run on time and nobody ever tells you how long you'll be waiting when you first get there. I would be a lot more tolerent if they did that.

4. ellasmummy

ellasmummy Well-Known Member

Glad LO is ok! But what a pain that you was left waiting that long! xx

5. MrsP

MrsP Mummy to Eleanor & Henry

Stupid people!!

Glad LO is ok though hon x x

6. lady_gibrill

lady_gibrill Mummy to Erin

i hate waiting in those places. I too have a scan today concerns about the lasck of weight im putting on but we just have good stomache muscles in our family.

been worried since friday tho family n friends are not impressed said theyre worrying me for no reason..

7. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

Glad all is ok with LO, stupid clinics!! x

8. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

So please everything is ok with bubs :)

9. SalJay

SalJay Well-Known Member

Glad everything is OK!!!! xx

10. Angelmouse

Angelmouse Baking #4

All of all what they said and why do they have to make them like a fricking furnace???! :hissy:

I'm very glad you got sorted out, it is such a relief when you are put in touch with one of the gems isn't it?! :hugs: Brill news about the little guy too.

11. MummyJade

MummyJade Mum

Glad all went well in the end hun
    xx

12. alio

alio Well-Known Member

Yep clinics are generally badly organised. I also find many health professionals do not listen to us at all. But the midwife at the hospital this morning was FANTASTIC. Like you say, there are some true treasures in the NHS. I wouldn't be without the NHS, I think it's great... just wish they'd get more support!!! I am going to drop in some form of official compliment to her dept. Makes all the difference when they actually listen and have communication skills!!! xx

13. Luhweez

Luhweez Guest

Glad everythings ok! It's great when you get the really amazing midwives =) xx