a few questions!

shawl0528

Reaction score
I am on CD 19 and I think I have had fertile CM since CD 16. Hubby and I have made sure to take care of business during this time, but now I am doubting whether I am seeing fertile CM or semen. Any tips on distinguishing the difference between the two? How long after sex can semen still be seen after wiping when using the bathroom? If I am still seeing fluid that may be either type of fluid (semen or CM) 30 hours and even longer after sex, could it still be semen? Sorry, kind of graphic questions but it's really hard to know the difference! Thanks for the help! Also, is it possible to "feel" ovulation? I have felt a sharp pain below and to the left of my belly button for the past couple of days...Thanks!!!

sorry hun, im a bit useless when it comes to ttc questions, hoping someone can answer it soon for you!

I don't know about the difference between CM and semen, as I've often wondered the same thing.

But, as to the feeling ovulation question - some women definitely can. I feel ovulation most months, it is anything from a dull aching pail, so an actuall stabbing pain.

CM fluid should be checked before sex! AFter being to the bathroom cleaning yourself up etc etc you should not be wiping away semen and plenty of.

Your most fertile CM is clear, stretchy & like egg white.

Good luck :D

Hey Shawl...I just wanted to help you out...

Yes you ARE feeling ovulation... that happened to me too and sure enough I'm pregnant now!! ... only my pain was on the right side... it depends which side is releasing an egg...

Anyway.. Once semen is injected into the body it can't leak out... once its in.. its in!!.. that other stuff that leaks out is excess stuff... You need not to worry.

The only thing I did different was lye on my back with legs and pelvis up for 20 minutes.... and it worked!!!

Ok i hope this helps!! GOOD LUCK!!

:dust: Your way!

if your stretch semen and CM between your fingers you will find CM will be really stretchy but semen will only stretch a little then break.

Thanks for the help! Actually, I heard from my sister that lying down for a little while after sex with hips elevated helped her get pregnant. I have been doing this too, so maybe it will work for me! I'll keep my fingers crossed for this month! Good luck to all you gals!!!

Hiya

Semen and cervical fluid can look and feel very similar. Semen will dry up very quickly upon your fingertips and is more rubbery is consistency. It may also tend to be foamy. Semen is little more white in color rather than clear like eggwhite fluid. To help identify the difference, when having a wee, eggwhite cervical fluid will often hit the water and form into a ball while it sinks to the bottom.
Also I often used to feel "twinges" around ovulation, many women do too. I used to always feel it on the left side, many women will have a "dominant" ovary.

https://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/RachieH/Graphics/goodluck1.gif

Heya!! Yeah I got the exact same thing the day before yesterday. The pain was sharp on the lower left side, then a dull period-type pain. I got excited because this is my first month charting and I was only 3 days out, but hopefully we managed to bd just in time. I had the clear stretchy stuff too, and rushed home to bd as I was told that's when your most fertile. I'm hoping for my bfp this month...we want it soo bad :) good luck to you too Hun. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->