A few questions

R

rubixcyoob.

wooh first time posting on this forum :)

but what I really wanted to know was what stuff I should be taking and what stuff I should be avoiding right now.
I know I'm 10 weeks because initially I thought abortion and had a scan but couldn't go through with it I wanted my LO.
I told my parents and they aren't supportive and want me to have an abortion and won't change their minds :/

So I was wondering if anyone on here can tell me the things I should be avodiing such as foods and drinks just now and what vitimins etc I should be taking for a nice healthy baby :)

Thank you <3

Congratulations hunny that's wonderful news. You shold be taking folic acid and vitamin C and D on a daily basis. Avoid foods that contain raw eggs and try and get your 5 fruit and veg per day. Also needto speak to your GP asap to refer you to the midwife and for your scans :)

Congratulations again xx

Hi i've just got my BFP as well, I'm 4 weeks so it's only early days I've found a list of foods to avoid and it's quite long! But here's some important things I am avoiding like the plague...
Alcohol, smoking & caffine (obviously)
Rare/medium cooked meats
Cold or reheated chicken
Runny eggs
Deli sandwiches/snacks (because they've all Bern sitting there growing stuff!
Cheese with a rind such as: bre
Blue cheeses
Raspberry tea (don't know y!)
Pineapple
Sushi
Shellfish
Pate and liver products

Sorry I'd that depresses you it certainly did me when I found out I can't have most of my fav food! I think most of them are on the list so you don't get food poisoning or bacteria (eg: listeria in cheeses etc) that may be harmful. As for vitamins I'm taking a good multi vitamin with folic acid and iron in as well!
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents but just remember what is important is that you are happy with your decision and are as healthy as poss...
I hope you have a great and healthy 9 months with a beautiful baby at the end of it all :)

you should avoid "mould" cheeses
pate
dont eat too much tuna or swordfish (due to mercury)
ibruprofen is off the agenda as well
sushi is a no no

if you have a varied diet you wont need vitamins apart from your folic acids

there is obv more inc alchole and smoking that you should avoid.

Where in scotland are you?

What the other girls have said really. Also I heard it's wise to avoid cinnamon.

Congrats and welcome to BnB.

Hi i've just got my BFP as well, I'm 4 weeks so it's only early days I've found a list of foods to avoid and it's quite long! But here's some important things I am avoiding like the plague...
Alcohol, smoking & caffine (obviously)
Rare/medium cooked meats
Cold or reheated chicken
Runny eggs
Deli sandwiches/snacks (because they've all Bern sitting there growing stuff!
Cheese with a rind such as: bre
Blue cheeses
Raspberry tea (don't know y!)
Pineapple
Sushi
Shellfish
Pate and liver products

Sorry I'd that depresses you it certainly did me when I found out I can't have most of my fav food! I think most of them are on the list so you don't get food poisoning or bacteria (eg: listeria in cheeses etc) that may be harmful. As for vitamins I'm taking a good multi vitamin with folic acid and iron in as well!
I'm so sorry to hear about your parents but just remember what is important is that you are happy with your decision and are as healthy as poss...
I hope you have a great and healthy 9 months with a beautiful baby at the end of it all :)

hiya,

Shellfish is fine as long as they are cooked properly (so I have been told throughout my 2 other pregnancies.

Raspberry leaf tea and pineapple is due to it having something in it that softens the cervix, so should be avoided until 37 weeks.

I have heard that deli meats are bad as well because of listeria, unless you heat the meat to the point of steaming.

Auzelia I am near Glasgow :) but sometimes living in Stirling lol.

And thanks guys, can you just pick up folic acid from anywhere or specific health stores?

Auzelia I am near Glasgow :) but sometimes living in Stirling lol.

And thanks guys, can you just pick up folic acid from anywhere or specific health stores?

If you take a good prenatal vitamin, you don't really need the folic acid unless your doctor specifically prescribes it. My doctor said I'm fine with just the prenatal.

doc usually gives a 3 months supply or register for the minor ailments and get them on that, other than that boots superdrug etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->