A few questions

calamityjane1

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had my first miscarriage (first pregnancy) almost 5 weeks ago, at 11 weeks gone. I ended up in hospital due to the pain and I passed the sac and baby in the hospital. The doctor told me they were sending it to be analysed at the labs and I would be written to with the results. I still havnt recieved anything, do you think I should have by now? They also took my bloods, and the doctor said unless there was anything unusual with the blood results, I wouldnt be contacted about them - I never heard anything so all must have been normal.
Should I ring the hospital to query the lab results yet?

Also, I am yet to get my first AF since the miscarriage, I am presuming its normal for it to be late? We did decide to try again straight away but I did a pregnancy test yesterday which was negative and I pretty sure Im not pregnant again.

Any thoughts? Thankyou :hugs:

hey hune my first period after mc took ages to comce. hope you are fellin better after mc x

I would definitely ring the hospital for the results, it could be an administrative error that they haven't contacted you. Best to put your mind at rest either way. I'm so sorry for your loss.

As far as getting your AF after mc this will vary, mine is usually 28 days exact from the end of the bleed, although I know some count Day 1 of bleed (or D&c) as CD1. As you were further along it may take longer, it really is just a waiting game I'm afraid. After my second mc I got pregnant before my next AF so it can happen.

Hope this helps.

Sorry for your loss. I also had a misscarriage for my first. I was at 10 weeks and went to the hospital with bleeding only to be sent home. An hour later I was back at the hospital and passed it in the parking lot. I never heard anything from the hospital after I was discharged the next day.

I waited a cycle before we started trying again. It's now the third cycle after and I finally feel like things are getting back to normal, got my fingers crossed this month. For me AF returned a month to the day after the miscarriage.

Hope this helps!

My period after my miscarriage came exactly 4 weeks after my miscarriage. However my miscarriage didn't happen naturally, I had to force it w/a medication. It took a week to complete, and my period was 4 weeks from the end of it. So it was 5 weeks from the beginning of the miscarriage. My dr. said it was normal to take anywhere from 3-8 weeks for your period to resume, so I wouldn't panic yet. You're still in the normal range.

I would just call and ask for your test results, to ease your mind. I too feel that when they don't call right away, that "no news is good news". If something was wrong, they probably would have called you earlier. But just to be sure, give them a call, it can't hurt.

Well I phoned the hospital, and got the results. Nothing to suggest anything untoward or abnormal. And my bloods were fine too. So no reason, just one of those things. Feel better about TTC again now I know there isnt anything obviously "wrong".

Still no AF though and its been 5 weeks now since my MC started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->